• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took a couple of AK's that I had picked up in the last couple years or so and outfitted with some optics to the range this weekend to sight in and shake down a little bit.

7E3E6C7C-D021-4932-AF1A-2C12DB6A073F-6531-0000073538623BFF_zps81e75763.jpg

This AK is a WASR-10 that I installed a 2 MOA Aimpoint Micro in a Midwest industries absolute co-witness mount. The gun handles well, the stock and grip are very comfortable, and the setup doesn't add any weight that I can discern. I really like the fact that I am able to raise up my cheek weld a little bit and use the red dot without actually co-witnessing with the irons.

It was the first time that I took this gun out and I am not very well versed in AK's, but the trigger on this gun is downright MISERABLE. The first pull of the trigger was very gritty and the gun didn't go off, turned out that the bolt didn't fly all the way home when I chambered a round.

The second pull was equally gritty, the trigger stuck back, and I had to manipulate it to get it to return the forward position. The third pull was a little less gritty, but I was given a nice slap on my finger as the trigger reset..

After the 3rd shot I didn't have any more malfunctions and was able to get the gun sighted in, it is miserable to shoot, especially on a cooler day... I couldn't get on my phone fast enough to order a replacement trigger group for it to hopefully solve this problem.

With the sight setup on it, I was able to hit my target at 50 and 100 yards, not fantastic groups by any means

The other AK that I sighted in was an AKMS that already has a tapco g2 trigger in it, after shooting the WASR this gun was a treat.

photo1_zpsb4eafd87.jpg

I also have a Midwest Industries setup on the AKMS, but with this gun I put the Trijicon RMR sight with the 12.9 MOA Triangle reticle.

At 50 yards I was able to put together fairly decent groups with this reticle once sighted in, at 100 yards I was on paper and I really like the triangle at distance as well. You are able to use the tip of the triangle as a sharp aiming point and it seems to be inherently more accurate than a round dot. Works really well for me, and I am not an excellent shot by any means, its not a target rifle of course, but I was happy with it.

Overall, for the money invested, I am happy with the guns, I think either of these for hunting some hogs in low light will work very well, once I get the WASR's trigger fixed of course.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shot my AK thumb hole the other day and love it. And I did get my hunting mag also. I do like that folding stock on yours though mine is heavy but beautiful.

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll take them. ....................................... O crap, is this not the For Sale Forum ? LOL

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had a blast!!!!!! Thank you SO much for helping me out with the buffer tube and getting sighted in!!!!! Ian (spelling?) is a SUPER nice guy with some bad ass guns! Can't wait to do it again! THANKS!

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had a blast!!!!!! Thank you SO much for helping me out with the buffer tube and getting sighted in!!!!! Ian (spelling?) is a SUPER nice guy with some bad ass guns! Can't wait to do it again! THANKS!

I can vouch for him....nice guy. Great glass and nice new rubbers to boot. Was that supposed to be our little secret Ian? oops

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got around to installing the new trigger group last week, night and day difference and no more trigger slap!

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the high end AK's are so much better and I do my own trigger jobs which are very smooth highly buffed 2 stage with 3- 4 lb pull.
    the most accurate AK I have is a all Bulgarian AK74 with a Zeiss Jena ZFK AK74 Scope. my wife was doing sub 2" five shot groups at 100 yards last week with it.
    super fine scope with brilliant glass.
    next time we go shoot It I will take some pics.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here you go ilintner.
    this is what a real Bulgarian AK74 with a Zeiss AK74 scope and a trigger job can do.
    It is my target from last week when I was dialing in the scope and using 2 shot groups until I got it close.
    some day if it isn't a lot of driving I will bring this little rifle out and demonstrate that some AK's can shoot.

I did this with the brown pack ammo , have not tried it with the white box or wolf which I plan of trying in a few weeks but today was all work on my land.

ak74 target s.jpg

Attachments

• ak74 target s.jpg
      ak74 target s.jpg
      242.8 KB · Views: 270

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice shooting!!

I know my cheapies can't put together groups like that... :D

Hell, the optics and accessories easily cost more than the rifles in my case...

Latest posts

Top Bottom