• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Who has suppressed their AK? What are your thoughts and advice?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    havent...yet. First and foremost, check for concentricacy (good lord, hope I spelled that right), that is the bore is concentric, or actual center, of barrel to threads. AK's arent known for the highest quality of barrels in this regard.

Simple way is to use a dowel the same bore diameter through suppressor into bore and down barrel to ensure no interference throughout.

Gassing is the other major known issue as Nate from Little Jacks mentioned. Most AK will handle the additional gas pressure fine, but again, not ideal. Have a measure to adjust gas pressure is preferred.

What AK and what suppressor are you considering?

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Talking with dead air, they recommend direct thread only for Sandman and Nomad. But warned to check concentricity carefully. But they really tried steering me to purchase their Wolfman can...

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Talking with dead air, they recommend direct thread only for Sandman and Nomad. But warned to check concentricity carefully. But they really tried steering me to purchase their Wolfman can...

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've shot a Wolverine on a post sample Romanian full auto and it's pretty sweet! 10 of 10, highly recommend.
    2986ab0d636f52e87705202a7513100a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Suppressing AKs has been on my list. From what I understand, the KNS piston and Dead Air wolverine are what you want to be looking at.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    My inquiry was about AK with Keymo. NoGo on Keymo.
    Back from the dead..
    So I found a company that makes a keymo brake for an Ak. And is dead air approved. Problem is, for my application, I will have to move the rear sight back about an inch. Which I can't do. How big of a job is it?
    I'm guessing the barrel will have to be turned down. Who do yall recommend for this project?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If you’ve verified the barrel threads are concentric I’ve got the direct thread sandman you’re welcome to try it out.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I believe the selling point for the dead air wolverine is you don't have to worry about being concentric.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Thank you for the offer Bullet Splatter, do you use an adjustable gas piston?
    I do have some rods on their way. My barrel is American made and word is they are generally good to go. This adapter sits on the face of the muzzle, so the muzzle face has to be perpendicular to the bore.

I found a couple of reputable suppliers that make thread adapters for $50. I'm going to try that first so I don't have to mess with moving or removing the front sight.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thank you for the offer Bullet Splatter, do you use an adjustable gas piston?
    I do have some rods on their way. My barrel is American made and word is they are generally good to go. This adapter sits on the face of the muzzle, so the muzzle face has to be perpendicular to the bore.

I found a couple of reputable suppliers that make thread adapters for $50. I'm going to try that first so I don't have to mess with moving or removing the front sight.

I don’t have an AK, I run that can on a 556 & 300bo, I just know that it should work. I usually shoot at ERGC, like I said you’re more than welcome to come give it a try. It’s hard to spend that kind of money & resources on something you can’t even try out beforehand.

I know thread adapters aren’t ideal, tolerance stacking and all that. I am using one on the 556 to go from 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 for the can, and haven’t had any issues.

Top Bottom