• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    If size is the most important thing, the Kel Tec P32 is an awesome little tiny piece. About the size of a micro rimfire but with 30 cal power! Had one and loved it, only swapped it for a Beretta because I love the Beretta's retro style lol

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If size is the most important thing, the Kel Tec P32 is an awesome little tiny piece. About the size of a micro rimfire but with 30 cal power! Had one and loved it, only swapped it for a Beretta because I love the Beretta's retro style lol
    Yep, that's a good one too. Even holds open when empty. No slide release, slingshot it.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While there are 'better' carrys, the most important thing is to 'carry'.

An LCP / J-fram in your pocket is better than your 19-Eleben in your glove box or safe.

When I really went 'all the time' for carry, I put an LCP in my pocket everyday and then a single stack 9MM (PPS) IWB before leaving. Eventually I just went with an IWB or OWB option, but having the LCP all the time forced me to carry all the time, since pocket carrying those thing is easy peasy.

And after awhile you realize that 90% of people are glued to their phones or jabbering to other people. Nobody is watching intently to see if you are printing, except maybe the Cop moonlighting at the NFCU.

Besides, it's supposed to be 'concealed', not 'invisible'.

My usuals are a Glock 9MM IWB or OWB. If I need a really discreet carry for a professional attire event, LCP or J-frame in pocket carry or ankle are options - not ideal mind you, but any gun on you trumps one not on you.

Last edited:

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a P320C but I haven't been carrying often enough due to the size.
    Anybody have recommendations for smaller frame in the same price range?

I CCW a Walther CCP in a 9mm. I encourage everyone to go to a gun show, hold and handle as many small pistols as possible. If the gun doesn’t fit your hand well, you’re not going to shoot it well. IMO in handling many, you will find what feels comfortable to you. You’ll know when you find it.
    2) I would encourage you to fill a gallon milk jug with water. Set it out there… 4yds, 15yds or 25 yds, which ever you feel comfortable shooting. If you shoot the milk jug with the 9mm the projectile is so fast moving, it will hit the jug, and go through and through more than likely with you thinking you’ve missed, then shoot the same milk jug with a 32 or 38, and the same jug explodes. So fit and caliber should make your decision a lot simpler. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Fordtudor37

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My recommendation would be --
    -- #1) Go find a gun store that "rents" different guns (caliber, size) to use on their indoor range and try each out until you find the one that feels comfortable to grip firmly, as well as you feel comfortable firing.
    -- #2) Find one that fits into the palms of both your hands with interlocked fingers (away from you) while holding the grip (and if possible end of the barrel) of the weapon with your thumbs and then hold your hands flat against your body. -- Because on that advice you will be able to conceal the fact that you are holding a firearm from scared children, scared parents/grandparents (read Dementia/Alzheimer's/Absent minded/Forgetful) so as not to scare them more or others who might be scared due to the situation at hand, and from those who intend on doing you harm. Yet you will be able to respond if needed in a timely manner.
    -- #3) After all is said and done, remember it is not only you who needs to be able to fire the weapon, but your significant other if the perpetrator has already done you harm, so think ahead.
    -- #4) Once you find the "right one", purchase at least two extra magazine's of extended capacity.

Attachments

• Reality of a safe life.jpg
      Reality of a safe life.jpg
      602.3 KB · Views: 36
    Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Another vote for the Sig P365. I have two.....why....if you are ever involved in a shooting the police will take your gun for evidence and there is no telling when you will get it back.
    By having a second one you can continue to carry the same gun that you are familiar with. Same mags too. My main one has the factory hard chrome slide so it doesn't show scratches as bad and the second one is the NRA edition one. Works for me.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Another vote for the Sig P365. I have two.....why....if you are ever involved in a shooting the police will take your gun for evidence and there is no telling when you will get it back.
    By having a second one you can continue to carry the same gun that you are familiar with. Same mags too. My main one has the factory hard chrome slide so it doesn't show scratches as bad and the second one is the NRA edition one. Works for me.

2 is one and one is none. I don’t own firearms anymore but if I did I would likely do the following:

P365 SAS for pocket carry. P365 for IWB carry with t shirt. P365 XL for when you can hide a little extra. A few 15 round mags in the truck just in case.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a Glock 43x and even with shorts, it’s comfortable and easy to conceal. It offers 10+1 and for myself, that’s more than adequate, if you need more capacity, there is the shield Mag option.

A02602CB-999D-44C4-9786-0F97774469EC.jpeg

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

If you're not committed to a high cap, maybe a single stack 1911 lightweight like a Commander or officer's size without a rail will work for you? Depending on brand they will be a bit more pricey but I can't think of a more comfortable solution.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Good belt, good holster and also realizing it's probably not printing as bad as you think.
    Myself g48 when it's warmer. My sig 320 or g19 when I can throw a sweatshirt or jacket on.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been using my Glock 43X or G43 when wearing shorts and my G48 when wearing long pants or jeans, single stack is fine for me and a good IWB holster is key for comfort. I use a Braids and Don Hume leather IWB holsters and they are very comfortable for all day carry.

Top Bottom