• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Savage

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, looking for advice to improve the trigger on my set of ruger 10/22s. Any advice is welcome. Trigger job vs replacement. Also, any one have experience with a bull barrel they would recommend for the 10/22?

Thanks

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just ordered a new sear for mine instead of a trigger job. But I think John Al sent his trigger off to Brimstone Gunsmithing and had a trigger job done and was WELL pleased with it. There prices are good and there work is top rate. Had them do a trigger job on my Mini 14 and couldn't ask for a better job. There turn around time is fast. Another friend sent his Ar 15 out there and was pleased with there work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trigger depends on what you want. There are some great 2 stage ones on the market, But You will pay for them. You can do about anything buying parts to replace will to the stock parts you have now. Go real slow and check often if this is the way you go. If you have not done any thing to the trigger it might be worth just polishing one up and see what you think. The trigger return spring and plunger make huge difference once cleaned up.

As for barrels the sky is the limit. I have a couple of these http://ar7.imoutdoorshosting.com/store/Ruger1022Barrels.html. And they shoot really good. I might have got lucky but the price is going up every time I look at this sight. Green Mountains shoot good, and There is a micro-grooved barrel on ebay that looks nice.

drake22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Green Mountain barrels are great for the money. If you can wait, they do so some crazy deals during December.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    barrels

I have a fluted blued 20 inch green mountain barrel on one of mine and a none fluted 20 inch blued green mountain barrel that are the most accurate ive owned.The ruger hammer forged ive owned were no better than a standard barrel. As for triggers ive done my own trigger jobs and bought after market ones and prefer other peoples work than my own. Hornet made the best for the money when i bought it.

CviewGarand

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've done a few 10/22 triggers myself. The lowest I've gotten one down to is about 1.75 lbs, all with stock parts (except for springs). Granted I modified the existing parts, but I feel like it's a heck of a lot cheaper to go that route, rather than buy a whole new trigger group. Most of what I do deals with the hammer/sear engagement, plus a bunch of polishing and spring replacement. I also install an over-travel stop (usually a set screw threaded in through the back of the trigger guard. While I'm tweaking with the internals, I also modify the bolt catch so that you don't have to press it up to release it anymore. Makes life much easier to just tug the charging handle and go, rather than have to fidget with the control to get it to release. What I do usually runs around $50-$60 bucks. And before anyone asks, yes, I am a gunsmith.

Top Bottom