• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    "Accept victory" when you get it. I absolutely agree. Sounds like the agent was having a bad day and he (agent) made it worse for himself by needing last word. Getting the last word was not necessary. He had the victory. IMO

Last edited:
    Reactions: FLT

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Great reminder Chief.

We are really stressing to our officers patience in today's environment, and while courtesy and respect should be afforded to all persons at all times when possible, keeping in mind "just because you can does not mean you should" goes a long way to avoid conflict escalation and increase conflict avoidance.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would not call it a victory and there was no a victory to accept. Victory implies a defeat of the enemy. A man asked for money, was refused, and walked away voicing I assume insults. Was the homeless man walking away a victory? The agent really should have accepted the insults and keep his mouth shut but been prepared to defend himself as needed since a confrontation is not over until it is really over.
    There was a time when an LEO could have knock the stuffings out of a disrespectful low life, but those days are very long gone.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    I would not call it a victory and there was no a victory to accept. Victory implies a defeat of the enemy. A man asked for money, was refused, and walked away voicing I assume insults. Was the homeless man walking away a victory? The agent really should have accepted the insults and keep his mouth shut but been prepared to defend himself as needed since a confrontation is not over until it is really over.
    There was a time when an LEO could have knock the stuffings out of a disrespectful low life, but those days are very long gone.
    I would not and have never been disrespectful to a law enforcement officer doing his/her job. In or out of uniform 24 hours a day he/she is still representing the law. I wasn't raised to disrespect authority. Have I been pulled over without cause? I don't know, possibly. That's still not a reason on my part to be disrespectful. The times when I was pulled over or been challenged are few and far in between. But when it has happened I've never, ever been disrespected when I've shown respect to the officer. Having said all that it's never, ever been in an officer's job description to "knock the stuffings out of a disrespectful low life." If an officer ever thought it was in their job description, thank Heavens "those days are very long gone." The gun, the badge, and the uniform will garner some respect. But it is the individual officer that wears those items and the way they present themselves in the end will be respected for the way they do a very difficult job. IMO. Are there times when this has not been the case? Absolutely. Every case that has gotten national attention lately (i.e.,last several years), the officer's instructions for compliance were not followed and the perp's disrespect began. In every case the law was broken. So officer compliance was necessary for the perp. I will never understand the thought process of people that think that the law is for "thee and not for me". It would take a super hero to remain calm in that situation. The fact that most do their job calmly is extraordinary.

jlw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Thousands of dollars and the potential for years in prison is a high price to pay.

Top Bottom