Patriot Mobile

AC Unity 60 ROUND Quad Stack magazine on an AK47. Any experience or opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, the title pretty much covers the subject. Just wondering if anyone has tried this unit out. I've fired AKs with the clamps that hold two 30 round mags together and find the gun to be a bit cumbersome at that point. Just looking to hear some feedback. THANKS

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Opinions ok: I like 20 round magazines myself. If for some reason I wanted a whole lot more, perhaps the 75 round drum if you can get a good one would give you what you want. Beside 75 is more than 60.
    I am speaking of semiauto AKs. If yours is full auto I can see a useful purpose for having such high capacity magazines.
    Perhaps huge mag dumps might useful for trying stop a large truck/equipment or shooting up a barricade.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess I would want to know how reliable it is...buy yea that is a a lot of weight added to the weapon.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    While I cant speak for the 60 rounders (because they dont fit my nonstandard stock, too wide) I have a bunch of their 30 rounder AK mags. They are excellently made and work great, best AK mags I have used. Follower movement is smoother than Magpul and they feel like quality. I reach for them over any of my other AK mags. Given my completely positive experience with the standard mags, I'd have to assume their quad stack is also a very good magazine. Quad stacks tend to work, per Forgotten Weapons, so I dont think theres a lot of reliability concerns.

(Edited with a pic of an AC unity mag in my SKS-M)

Attachments

• 20201125_171859.jpg
      20201125_171859.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 153

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I got a flyer from Florida Gun Exchange. They sell a 60 round stick mag by Schmeisser. Anyone have experience with these?

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    We have one for ARs, not sure if there's an AK one. They work well but are tight in our magwells. They also dont work with the non-ARs we tried (Bushmaster bullpup, Cetme L, Aug worked but was tricky to set).

Top Bottom