• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Before "full" comment would like to know what chambering with what load.
    Looks to be a Glock. The lady is obviously shooting low. Also has some kind of malfunction (maybe).
    She should have released the first little soldier quite a bit sooner.
    Possibly could have backed her car quickly away from the perp.
    No real/direct blame here,but . . . looks like mag capacity is supposed to take over (fill the gaps) in training and protocol. 14 shots . . ?? How many hits,and where ?? How many total misses . . AND AT WHAT RANGE ???
    All in all. She went home after her shift. The waste of air is hopefully dead unless it was a 9mm. And she wont get prosecuted,fired,or even admonished for her actions.
    Watch closely,take note of the perps "walkin' while talkin" meathod of closing the distance. We all should be acutely aware of this MO. You see this all the time from the thugs on the street. Recognize it for what is most likely coming your way. Prepare to present your weapon,being firearm,blade,etc. Take it that if the perp sees your action,and possibly the weapon,and does not stop or retreat,he is prepared to do you great bodily harm. He is not simply coming closer because he is hard hearing. ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Before "full" comment would like to know what chambering with what load.
    Looks to be a Glock. The lady is obviously shooting low. Also has some kind of malfunction (maybe).
    She should have released the first little soldier quite a bit sooner.
    Possibly could have backed her car quickly away from the perp.
    No real/direct blame here,but . . . looks like mag capacity is supposed to take over (fill the gaps) in training and protocol. 14 shots . . ?? How many hits,and where ?? How many total misses . . AND AT WHAT RANGE ???
    All in all. She went home after her shift. The waste of air is hopefully dead unless it was a 9mm. And she wont get prosecuted,fired,or even admonished for her actions.
    Watch closely,take note of the perps "walkin' while talkin" meathod of closing the distance. We all should be acutely aware of this MO. You see this all the time from the thugs on the street. Recognize it for what is most likely coming your way. Prepare to present your weapon,being firearm,blade,etc. Take it that if the perp sees your action,and possibly the weapon,and does not stop or retreat,he is prepared to do you great bodily harm. He is not simply coming closer because he is hard hearing. ---- SAWMAN
    I do not know if getting back in her car was a viable choice for several reasons.
    She seems to have backed herself up; I might have used the car to retreat around. Retreating straight back is considered by the people that I follow to be fraught with the possibility of falling down.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It couldn’t have been a 9mm, if she had been using the fbi approved one shot man stopper, them he would have died from fright after the first shot. ;)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What most say when a hunted animal or attacking felon is not drop with just one shot"
    I need a bigger gun

Basically whether .45 ACP or 9x19 pistols are pistols and rifles are rifles and what is most important is:
    I saw the body cam on this.

Regardless of caliber, shot placement is king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here is a strategy that I agree with.
    Bodies are like cars, cut the fuel line (blood) and it will still run for a while. Plug the intake (breathing) and it can still run for a while, but disconnect the battery (head shot) and it stops immediately.
    This is why we advocate zippered up the body to the face to address all 3 systems. A pistol round is a pistol round, its all about volume and placement.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    do you know how many rounds actually hit him?
    While I do not know in this case, people high on adrenaline or drugs have been known to soak up a lot of pistol rounds. The brain will function until it runs out of oxygen from lack of blood flow or getting severe mechanical trauma like from a bullet striking it. This is when a second or two literally seems lvery long to the person being attacked. If this case if the knife man had charged rather than using a shuffling step he could have killed that officer.
    We all know the 21 foot rule.
    She waited too long to start shooting and I am not saying this to say anything bad about her. She did not want to kill that day and that is to her credit, but the delay was almost her undoing.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The number of shots fired does not indicate that the pistol used IS a 9mm. Several other Glocks have that capacity+.
    My guess would be a 23. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    FS, you are right in your above post #13.
    Prime example of "you gonna talk shit . . or fight". In this case talkin' shit got him dead. GOOD !! --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The number of shots fired does not indicate that the pistol used IS a 9mm. Several other Glocks have that capacity+.
    My guess would be a 23. --- SAWMAN
    She ejected one round and if 14 were fired, than she fired 15 rounds. I see
    Glock 22 Mag. Capacity

Standard: 15
    I stand corrected in that it could be a 40.

A 9x19 is still the better gun for this since what is important is shot placement during rapid fire. It is easier for most people that includes me to better control a 9 than a 40. It is placement of a pistol shot that is most important rather than a bullet larger by 1 mm. If you can control a larger caliber, than that may be the way to go.
    Most police are switching back to the 9x19.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You are right. ESPECIALLY with the proper 9mm ammo.
    Wondering if any PD requires FMJ ammo for any chambering ??
    If I were a patrol cop my choice of Glock would be a 32 with two 31 mags for reloads. My ammo choice would be Hornady's 147gr XTP. I have put these in some of the bigger hogs. They perform great. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Actually . . I would give a Glock 31 a try for several shifts. If it was good to carry,I would prefer that for the slight boost in velocity. I have found that the XTP line of Hornady bullets hold together and penetrate,even at 16" carbine vels.
    Same mags and ammo as the above.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    what ever happened to the role of shotgun in LE? when I was a kid, every car had one upright in the front right.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Remembering also. Some different drugs increase the heart rate and actually deminish the lungs capacity to oxygenate the blood.
    If that,pokeing a couple holes in the heart,lung,aorta,and major blood supply routes could be the BG's worst enemy. (Freddy Gray ??) ESPECIALLY . . combined with elevated heart rate. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom