• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since the shotgun section hadn't seen much attention lately I figured I'd post a picture. This is a set of model 12 winchesters with the matching model 42 410 and Model 61 and 22 LR
    20220127_121834.jpg
    and 22 magnum

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock owners understand. But I may have to Sing it to Bring it? If you want to be happy for the rest of your life! It might be an 11 Bang Bang Thing?

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Cool little group you have there! I have a Heavy Duck but it's been chopped off and alot of character. It's basically a 3 inch capable riot configuration for the most part as far as looks. I love it tho. I've dealt and handled with a lot of so called "tactical" pumps as I shopped for one to have with modern features etc. Just everyone I saw so far can't quite do what this old bird can already do, and more. These can slamfire, they're ultra reliable, and can take fullsize and mini shells with no issue so far.
    I wished some maker would come out with some polymer tactical stocks for these one day. I'd buy another and update it to have a crazy cool pump shotgun in a heartbeat.
    After all these was made during and just after the exposed hammer model in ww2 I think and did so well that Germany wanted them banned lol. So they have to be good!
    Id love to own one in a trenchgun format with the flaming bomb. That would be epic!
    Great collection bud. I sure do love those old winchesters!

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since the shotgun section hadn't seen much attention lately I figured I'd post a picture. This is a set of model 12 winchesters with the matching model 42 410 and Model 61 and 22 LR View attachment 215862 and 22 magnum
    Absolutely love my 42 , these are not only great guns but I love being on the hunt for them. Sometimes you find them in the strangest places. If they know what they got they demand a premium.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would love to find one with a vent rib alone with a couple of 16 gauge model 12 with the ventilated rib.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool little group you have there! I have a Heavy Duck but it's been chopped off and alot of character. It's basically a 3 inch capable riot configuration for the most part as far as looks. I love it tho. I've dealt and handled with a lot of so called "tactical" pumps as I shopped for one to have with modern features etc. Just everyone I saw so far can't quite do what this old bird can already do, and more. These can slamfire, they're ultra reliable, and can take fullsize and mini shells with no issue so far.
    I wished some maker would come out with some polymer tactical stocks for these one day. I'd buy another and update it to have a crazy cool pump shotgun in a heartbeat.
    After all these was made during and just after the exposed hammer model in ww2 I think and did so well that Germany wanted them banned lol. So they have to be good!
    Id love to own one in a trenchgun format with the flaming bomb. That would be epic!
    Great collection bud. I sure do love those old winchesters!
    It was actually World War I And the Winchester model 97 trench gun that The Germans Wanted banned, They were also used to deflect handgrenades, And down messenger pigeons. Every war has had its own Shotgun And it is usually the model 97 in model 12 that comes to mine. But the Remington 870, Ithaca model 37, And even the Browning A5 have all been drafted at 1 time or another And yes the Mossberg Has gone to war with our troops.

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Mossberg 590A1 to these? 590A1 is a fine shotgun for a single purpose. Mossberg made improvements to an existing design in the sixties (?). But please, you're not talking apples to apples. This design had been in existence for half a century or more. It was thought up at a time when nothing like this existed by the genius of John Moses Browning. If my estimated dates are off, I stand corrected. I wrote this comment from oral knowledge passed down to me. BTW I hear a talking head advertise for Kel Tec on the radio. Another fine company home based in Florida. She calls the bottom eject innovative for the KSG. Kel Tec again, is using a JMB design from expired patents. Kel Tec may have improved the design but they were more than half way there by using the Browning design.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    It was actually World War I And the Winchester model 97 trench gun that The Germans Wanted banned, They were also used to deflect handgrenades, And down messenger pigeons. Every war has had its own Shotgun And it is usually the model 97 in model 12 that comes to mine. But the Remington 870, Ithaca model 37, And even the Browning A5 have all been drafted at 1 time or another And yes the Mossberg Has gone to war with our troops.
    Yeah my memory is terrible on dates since I have a little brain damage from kicking the bucket one time and a coma. But yeah ww1. A 97 is on my watch list tho for sure. I forgot it's number name in post above also. Then I just call it a hammer shotgun when that happens lol. Thanks

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mossberg 590A1 to these? 590A1 is a fine shotgun for a single purpose. Mossberg made improvements to an existing design in the sixties (?). But please, you're not talking apples to apples. This design had been in existence for half a century or more. It was thought up at a time when nothing like this existed by the genius of John Moses Browning. If my estimated dates are off, I stand corrected. I wrote this comment from oral knowledge passed down to me. BTW I hear a talking head advertise for Kel Tec on the radio. Another fine company home based in Florida. She calls the bottom eject innovative for the KSG. Kel Tec again, is using a JMB design from expired patents. Kel Tec may have improved the design but they were more than half way there by using the Browning design.
    And yeah I've not owned a mossberg yet. Only because what I have already seems better still. I did see how these till this day seem to have a major flaw. I heard it can be fixed with metal parts etc. But small drops on thier sides can render them useless. I wonder if it's still an issue on the later models

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would love to find one with a vent rib alone with a couple of 16 gauge model 12 with the ventilated rib.
    I will be on the lookout for you,never know what you might find.

Top Bottom