• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Alliant is dropping RL17, RL19 and RL-25 from their line

Lapua is dropping 6.5 PRC, 300 Win Mag, 6.5CM SRP, 223 Rem Match, .243 Win and 6.5-284 from their brass line

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t understand why Aliant would drop those especially RL 17. Was it something to do with manufacturing?
    223 Lapua is good stuff. I don’t know of another 223 manufacturer that drills primer holes?

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    if this means an increase in 6BR brass production, I’m ok with that. Or even better, add the Dasher to the lineup

boondoggle

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't think Lapua is suspending 6.5 creed but 6mm creed for sure.

RL-17 and RL-25 have been eclipsed by 16 and 26. Both offer better velocity and temp stability. RL-19 is understandable from my experience. I picked some up on the cheap when components started going up and while it's not bad it doesn't do anything well. 30-06, 6.5 and 6 creed all have better options for velocity and consistency for ES and SD. It is versatile enough to be used and a fire forming powder for almost everything so that's how I use it. Obviously ymmv.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think Lapua is suspending 6.5 creed but 6mm creed for sure.

RL-17 and RL-25 have been eclipsed by 16 and 26. Both offer better velocity and temp stability. RL-19 is understandable from my experience. I picked some up on the cheap when components started going up and while it's not bad it doesn't do anything well. 30-06, 6.5 and 6 creed all have better options for velocity and consistency for ES and SD. It is versatile enough to be used and a fire forming powder for almost everything so that's how I use it. Obviously ymmv.
    I found Reloader 17 to produce the fastest speeds out of the 6 creed followed closely by H4350. The problem is it’s 50 fps faster in the summer vs winter. RL 16 is a more stable offering but it’s filthy compared to H4350 and RL 17. The same with RL 25 vs RL 26, 25 produces faster velocity and 26 is dirty. I didn’t see either one of these offerings in stock for long. There seemed to be a market for them

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alliant is dropping RL17, RL19 and RL-25 from their line

Lapua is dropping 6.5 PRC, 300 Win Mag, 6.5CM SRP, 223 Rem Match, .243 Win and 6.5-284 from their brass line
    Seeing where Lapua is made, it's my understanding that much of their resources are going towards the Ukrainian conflict.

I spoke with Alliant Friday, following up on an old shotshell recipe, since I'm running low on Red Dot, having 20 lbs still in my inventory of Bullseye also made by Alliant, rattled the representatives cage so much, he told me that Alliant in making progress finally in its products hitting the shelves, and in the next couple of months, I should see remarkable differences in inventory, But in speaking about substitutions, he never mentioned the RL powders being discontinued. Thankfully, I also use Bullseye for a few handgun loads, So no foul no harm.

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use IMR in a WSM .270 cartridge, for a WSM 7mm Mag to get ¼" groups I had to use a Hogden powder. I just couldn't pull the groups together with the same powder, trying nearly everything. Luckily, I have and keep a Keg of each. Finding components right now is ridiculous, I could go off about it for hours, but theirs no sense in kicking a dead horse. It appears right now we are all in the minority of the decision making process.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    RL 19 sometimes would work if the gun wouldn't shoot one of the 4350's . IIRC in the '06 with a 165 Nos PT 61.5grs RL19 was in the ballpark with 59.0grs H or I 4350 , check a manual as I'm older than dirt..............

Top Bottom