• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gonzolee10

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Looking for a 9mm carbine that won't break the bank. I have tons of 9mn ammo and am trying to consolidate weapons and calibers. Let me know what u guys might have to get rid of. Thanks

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Couple of things I would reccomend looking for if you go with an AR platform is get one that has a dedicated lower reciever (not an adaptor block) and preferably uses the Colt/Uzi style 32 rd stick mags. They tend to be more reliable. Some of the AR's that use Glock type mags can be finicky on feeding. The Ruger PC carbines are a solid non- AR choice! Good luck!

Gonzolee10

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Thanks. I bought a spikes ar9. Takes glock mags but I've run about 500 rounds through it with no hiccups yet.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You still looking? I've got a cmmh colt mag lower that could use a home.

Eta: disregard you posted a I was typing

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I can get you pics. I've had it for awhile, ended up swapping the upper around. I've got a crap load of 20 and 32rd mags for it, most new in wrapper. It's a lower with lpk, will need a buffer setup

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    FoxTrot Mike FM9, they are newer but they are good. Looks them up.

I have one, the top tier one with the side charger, takes Glock Mags, all Billet Lower & Upper, BHO as well, have yet to have an issue with it.

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When I built mine, I used the Endomag insert (swap spring and follower from Pmag), and it ran flawlessly. I then bought the Sylvan Glock mag adapter (block). It runs flawlessly too, in fact it ran so well, I bought another and built another AR 9mm.
    Not sure if post #2 is replying from experience or just what he read somewhere as for using the glock "adapter block"?
    A dedicated lower is probably the way to go, but when using a sylvan 9mm mag block, in all practical terms, it makes the lower a "dedicated" lower. And you have the option to revert back to the original lower, if you wanted too.

Anyway, since you now have a dedicated spikes ar9 lower, if it's completed, post up on how you like it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    When I built mine, I used the Endomag insert (swap spring and follower from Pmag), and it ran flawlessly. I then bought the Sylvan Glock mag adapter (block). It runs flawlessly too, in fact it ran so well, I bought another and built another AR 9mm.
    Not sure if post #2 is replying from experience or just what he read somewhere as for using the glock "adapter block"?
    A dedicated lower is probably the way to go, but when using a sylvan 9mm mag block, in all practical terms, it makes the lower a "dedicated" lower. And you have the option to revert back to the original lower, if you wanted too.

Anyway, since you now have a dedicated spikes ar9 lower, if it's completed, post up on how you like it.
    On a whim I spent $20 on the pro mag adaptor block that uses colt mags.... runs like a champion, lol. Only likes 115,124 gr fmj though.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I don't have any experience with the adapters, but most issues I see are using uppers that may not be designed specifically for glock, or using aftermarket magazines.

I know olympic told me not to run a Glock lower on their upper. They are for colt mags. Said Glock could be hit it miss. Forum posts suggest they function most of the time, but eat extractors.

Top Bottom