• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Now is a good time for hogs with the peanuts recently planted. In a short time, as the seed peanuts grow into bigger plants, it'll be a dead time for hogs until the new peanuts grow big enough in the ground for the hogs to start rooting them up. That'll be followed by the 2nd good time of the year when the peanuts are turned up to dry for harvesting and the hogs can smell the fresh peanuts just sitting there waiting to be eaten. One farmer told me peanut harvesting equipment is about 80% efficient, meaning it leaves 20% of the peanuts that hogs will go after for months afterwards.

Didn't go out last night...at 74 years of age, I can only handle so much. Wind nice direction tonight, so I went out. Watched a sounder on a neighboring property that I don't yet have hunting permission for. A big boar was on the outside of the sounder, as they often are, not mixing with the sows and younger hogs. He wandered over to edge of the peanut field I was watching, and that's all it took. He did fall into the field I can't hunt on. I'll take the truck and drag him off tomorrow morning. 300 Blackout Ruger Takedown AR, Barnes 110gr black tip handloads, FLIR thermal, Ark30 suppressor.

The darker hair on his back was caused by mud still damp, otherwise he was a lighter color.

9A50EAF2-3EB1-4E53-9BF6-4457842DD2DD.jpeg

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Cutters from the above hog for whoever wants them. Big enough to look good. Smelly, nasty work to remove them from a hog that’s been eaten on by the bears, coyotes, insects, and buzzards, so you come to me to pick one or more up...no meeting somewhere or mailing them. I’ve washed them, but have not put anything on to whiten them or brushed with whitening toothpaste. They are whiter in person, they kinda took on the tan of the table cloth.

6E773365-5036-4DE8-9309-6A713D7847F3.jpeg

Top Bottom