• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After dinner tonight I decided to go try the new 6mm ARC build. Was after coyote but this large boar came within range. Shot was about 75 yards. I'm using factory 108gr ELD Match ammo as I don't have brass yet to reload.

The 6mm ARC performed as expected... this dude never knew what hit him. Couldn't stay late so after a few more calls I packed it in. Really looking forward to the first coyote kill with the build.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Adjustable gas? I see it sticking out of the handguard I think? Advantage over the 6.8??
    Advantage over the 6.8 ??? Ballistics, probably very little with in 250 yds
    . I was looking into a Compass Lake build to get the barrel I wanted, but then no brass or dies.
    I like the DIY brass catcher :cool:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Adjustable gas? I see it sticking out of the handguard I think? Advantage over the 6.8??

Standard non-adjustable low profile gas block. Had it on hand so figured I try it. It's working great suppressed and unsuppressed so I'll stick with it.

Advantage? Glad you asked...

Due to a recent post here I learned that the AR15 isn't a good choice for hunting, target shooting... yes, hunting, no. Especially when compared to other larger much more capable chamberings such as the deadly, soul snatching .30-30 Winchester. So I figured I'd better up my game so I'm trying the 6mm ARC to see if I can close the gap on the .30-30 while still enjoying the AR platform.

I'm not one to limit my gun flavors by insisting one offers an advantage over the other. I like to tinker and play with a variety of chamberings. I always loved the .243 Win., and while the 6mm ARC is no .243 Win., it does give me the capability to use 6mm bullets which I have a ton of at my disposal.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Advantage over the 6.8 ??? Ballistics, probably very little with in 250 yds
    . I was looking into a Compass Lake build to get the barrel I wanted, but then no brass or dies.
    I like the DIY brass catcher :cool:

The brass catcher is of the minimalist style, a guy on Predator Masters makes and sells them. They work pretty darn good.

Reactions: FLT

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Standard non-adjustable low profile gas block. Had it on hand so figured I try it. It's working great suppressed and unsuppressed so I'll stick with it.

Advantage? Glad you asked...

Due to a recent post here I learned that the AR15 isn't a good choice for hunting, target shooting... yes, hunting, no. Especially when compared to other larger much more capable chamberings such as the deadly, soul snatching .30-30 Winchester. So I figured I'd better up my game so I'm trying the 6mm ARC to see if I can close the gap on the .30-30 while still enjoying the AR platform.

I'm not one to limit my gun flavors by insisting one offers an advantage over the other. I like to tinker and play with a variety of chamberings. I always loved the .243 Win., and while the 6mm ARC is no .243 Win., it does give me the capability to use 6mm bullets which I have a ton of at my disposal.
    I enjoy the "odd" calibers too. 6.8, 224v ,450b, 223w, x39. All have an application. Also they are alot of fun to shoot. I've been really enjoying the 6.8 with the 10.5 barrel. Insanely accurate. Almost a 30-30!! (270 bullet)

Top Bottom