• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluesvet

Shooter
    Anyone having good results with the 6.5 CM deer hunting. Some people say you have search for them a lot of times after the shot. What bullets are you guys using?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    If it was me...I would drop the bullet weight down to around a 120ish for hunting.
    I don't know if your limited to factory loads or you reload. One good one I've seen wound canals is the SST and ELD-M

rkflorey

Marksman
    Not shooting Creedmore but my 6.5 Grendel out of a 16 barrel has been DRT for most of its 15 kills. Lower velocity than Creedmoor so I would side with Jester and go with lighter projectile and quality bullets. My favorite is the 100 to 107 grain particularly the 100 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips.

16gauge

Expert
    Very effective with the 129 grain Hornady Spire pt. I have been shooting the 260 Rem. for 24 years. Basically the same round, I use the 120 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip and have never lost a deer. Usually dropped in their tracks or run less than 20 yards. The Creedmore is a very good cartridge don't worry about what you may read from others experience. Any cartridge can have good and bad reviews.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I've had good luck with the Hornady American whitetail in 129 grain. I think the biggest thing as always is shot placement. People make subpar shots and complain about the rounds performance.
    Yep, that and type of bullet. Anything that goes thru and thru is bad. The ones that explode drt em. In my noob opinion the one that dumps 100% of the energy into the target is my choice. The personal defense rounds from winchester - x39- are one shot stops.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    it is kinda hard to stop something running 2900fps inside 200 yards if your not trying to hit bone ;)
    In many cases I think the .260 starts out about 200fps faster than a 6.5CM.
    I use the 127gr LRX in my .260 and it is around 2900 outta the gate.

Brockskennedy

Marksman
    Deer are soft targets. People invest too much effort into caliber selection. Any medium caliber is sufficient for deer. Bullet selection is more important than caliber. 6.5 is more than enough. People hate on creedmoor and you will get a lot of inexperienced opinions based on that alone.

Choose a good bullet and you will be fine

Top Bottom