• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    So whomever got in on this deal, did yall have a good portion of what would politely be called bad rounds?

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven’t seen any bad rounds. Some were tarnished, but nothing standing out as bad

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I haven’t seen any bad rounds. Some were tarnished, but nothing standing out as bad
    I got a good bit that looked as if they were seated/crimped (the brass folding appearance you ger when reloading)
    In addition good few that are compressed into the case.
    When I get a final count of the culls will update.

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    1st bag had 1-9mm, 2-steel cases, and 2-FMJ, the rest was a mix of nickel /brass JHP.
    2nd bag was about 1/3 brass FMJ, 1/3 brass JHP, and 1/3 nickel JHP with 30 rounds of that being Hornady critical defense. Some is tarnished, but most of what I received was bright and shiney. I've yet to open the 38spl or 357 mag.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I got a good bit that looked as if they were seated/crimped (the brass folding appearance you ger when reloading)
    In addition good few that are compressed into the case.
    When I get a final count of the culls will update.
    I noticed the same, but I believe it's just different bullet weights/sizes, waiting on some boxes and I'll break out the scale to sort mine further.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Got my order.

I've shot the Maxx before. It goes bang. And the 9mm i got is in 50 round boxes. By GH Ammunition. Made in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The 40 S&W grab bags are a disappointment. Looks so far to be more than half is 9mm, with 80 percent of the 9mm being shiny fmj.
    I've got better things to do than sort brass.
    The other bag of .40 didn't look like it had any 9mm.

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Got my order.

I've shot the Maxx before. It goes bang. And the 9mm i got is in 50 round boxes. By GH Ammunition. Made in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The 40 S&W grab bags are a disappointment. Looks so far to be more than half is 9mm, with 80 percent of the 9mm being shiny fmj.
    I've got better things to do than sort brass.
    I didn't open the other bag, but it's clear and seems to have many 9mm rounds.

Buyer beware..
    That not good. Thanks for the heads up. I guess the better bags went 1st. I only have 2-9mm and 2-steel cased bullets, which I'll still shoot. But that many would be very disappointing...

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I sorted some more of the first bag. Eyeball says 1/3 40 S&W, 2/3 9mm. Some odd stamps on 9mm. Cross in a circle?

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    20230608_202506.jpg the 9mm is in the bowl on the left. The 40 is on the right. Just grabbing handfuls out of the bag.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    View attachment 227812 the 9mm is in the bowl on the left. The 40 is on the right. Just grabbing handfuls out of the bag.
    I'm not sure if this was broken boxes of ammo they had in stock, or some large lot they purchased. I'm thinking a supervisor showed some floor sweeper how to sort it, and after he did it a while, got lazy and mixed it? That could explain why they don't have the 9mm bags listed anymore, or the 9 was only $100+, so they figured out how to get a little more $ for it by mixing it?? Either way, not cool.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I noticed the same, but I believe it's just different bullet weights/sizes, waiting on some boxes and I'll break out the scale to sort mine further.

Nah the ones that appear pushed back have the brass well past the curve of the bullet.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Update:
    So 1 bag of .40 was two thirds 9mm.
    I didn't see any steel or aluminum ammo.
    I found 5 rounds that look like they had been chambered and extracted, or had some damage to the projectile or case.
    My second bag had no 9mm. And the majority of the rounds, if not all, are hollow points. I didn't see any fmj, but I was mainly looking for 9mm

So I reached out to the company. I explained my situation. They asked a few questions and requested a picture.
    THEY SHIPPED ME ANOTHER 500 ROUND GRAB BAG FOR MY TROUBLES!
    I am very pleased with my experience with them. Lol.
    BTW, the replacement bag looks fine, but I didn't open it up. But it looks like all hollow points.

I purchased a CMMG 40. bolt and barrel kit to add to my Banshee family!

I haven't shot the Maxx boxed 9mm I got.
    I have never used that brand like I thought, so we'll see on that one.

Happy, happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom