Patriot Mobile

50 Beowulf -- Fell in Love all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I finally made it out to the local Birchwood Range up here yesterday. I took my 50 Beowulf AR and my 460 Rowland Glocks to try out. The 50 Beowulf AR required sighting in again (not sure if it was wrong -- for if it was tampered with while being held hostage by FedEx last month).

Anyway, shooting "Thumper" again put a smile on my face -- and got the attention of the shooters on either side of me (they assumed it was a measly 5.56x45mm AR). Shooting the 335gr Rainer HP or FMJ loads exclusively -- it will essentially zero at 50 (-0.04) and 100 (0.00) yards (quite the bullet arc, eh?). Seeing three big half inch holes in a nice small touching group at 50 yards felt very good. 1900fps and 2700 ft/lbs out of an AR with a 335gr bullet is impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwthjR3OpJA

Ammo for the 50 Beowulf isn't common up here (or anywhere for that matter) -- so I'm glad I brought plenty of it with me on the cross-country journey through Canada...

Since most of what I would hunt up here will be at distances of less than 200 yards or less, this may just serve as my primary hunting long gun for Moose, Deer, and Bear -- going to something more long range for Caribou on the Tundra, say 35 Whelen or .30-06.

Top Bottom