• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know about y'all but I am definitely ready for the opener of archery season. I HATE the summer and I am ready to sit in a tree and feel the cool morning breeze, listen to the bird, squirrels and what the good lord has provided for us. Just need to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and just take a moment to sit back and watch nature unfold. Then maybe have a nice nanny goat come strolling by :eyebrows:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm ready to sling some arrows into a deer. I've got a good feeling about this year. And I'm just going to be in the Blackwater scrub hunter's club. Haha!

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    mornings are ok, I guess...but late afternoons are AWESOME !!!!!! twang/flop is my rule.
    we won't shoot them if any chance of negligence....so many will just walk on by further than 25yrds.
    and we use the best, its not like our equipment won't do it...its just respect we have for the animal.

last 2 months have been very amazing watching the deer and there ways of nature. we get about 150-250
    pics a week from various places we manage. just recently lots of babies... so in 45 days.....the does "nannies" will not be
    in our sights on opening week, 1st law I have.

unless itsa ol' sway back gray faced baron. which
    should have done been gone... the one that blows when you step first foot out of the truck !!!
    you seasoned guys know where i'm coming from....

and yes, we can't wait either !!!!:rockon:

Last edited:

PensacolaEd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For me it's 2 days and a wake-up, since I'm heading to the Ocala National Forest for archery this weekend. We usually see lots of bears over there, but last year my buddy killed a hog. It's prime rut over there the end of September, so maybe Ol' Mossy Horns will stroll by after getting a whiff of the estrous scent I will be putting down. Looking forward to sitting in the dark waiting for the day to wake up around me.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    For me it's 2 days and a wake-up, since I'm heading to the Ocala National Forest for archery this weekend. We usually see lots of bears over there, but last year my buddy killed a hog. It's prime rut over there the end of September, so maybe Ol' Mossy Horns will stroll by after getting a whiff of the estrous scent I will be putting down. Looking forward to sitting in the dark waiting for the day to wake up around me.

man i need to check into hunting down there. my grandfather has a house and 12 acres i can stay at for free in Astor Park. everytime i go down there a bear comes in the yard after i clean the fish. theres also a bunch of turkeys that hang out on the property. two blocks from a bar too!!!

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man I'm so ready Saturday I duck taped some antlers to my dogs head and shot him all day with my Nerf bow

From The Deep Woods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First year I can legally hunt so I'm ready as can be. It'll be my Christmas, nothing will stop me from being in the woods at the early hours of the am on opening day!

Top Bottom