• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m the same. My shoulder after a bunch of surgeries will not let me shoot anything above a .20, but have always had a love for a .410 shotgun, from a snake charmer to a long gun. Just have always liked them
    Oh, tell me about it...

No surgeries yet, though I have had issues with both sides that have gotten pretty serious at times... actually had to become left-handed for a while a couple of years ago (and note that the problems don't appear to be caused by shooting... hell, almost seems like shooting can make them feel better!)

I just sighted in two 12 gauges for slugs @ 100 yds, and the bruise on my right upper bicep is still getting worse almost a week later... starting to wonder if it's really gangrene : )

Regardless, I gave up on 3-inchers a while back. I have some lights and sights that shouldn't hold up on a 12 ga., but do with 2-3/4"... but a heavy diet of 3-inchers might kill the electronics and would surely put my shoulder out of commission! I'm trying to come up with something that will increase the surface area of the butt, since both shotguns already have double recoil pads! (factory plus a slip-on : ) And did I mention that I weigh in at a whopping 145 lbs.?

Last edited:

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have one of three MEC 600 Jr's left on my bench.......and it's set up for .410, 1/2 oz. #9.

1 bag of shot, wads, 1k primers goes a long way even at today's prices.

Keep your eyes open for a used 600 Jr.

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is nothing more fun than shooting quail with a 410. These days I like to get up, eat breakfast, put my 410 in the truck, go to the bank and get a loan, buy 410 shells, then go kill birds! Everything has gotten outrageous but we all still buy it.

Reactions: ccc

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    There is nothing more fun than shooting quail with a 410. These days I like to get up, eat breakfast, put my 410 in the truck, go to the bank and get a loan, buy 410 shells, then go kill birds! Everything has gotten outrageous but we all still buy it.
    Do you have a license? Better get $500 more in case...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Iv been using this...
    View attachment 224805

One snake dead with it. The 12 gauge was a lot more fun though.
    I've got that one in blue, I see you haven't broke the rear sight off yet. Big fun. Mine loves .452 bullets. Much more accurate. ** using the choke I'm guessing?
    Bang!! Hornady lever 45c 225gr. 2x red dot.
    20181204_174716_1543975195741_001.jpg

Last edited:

SGT58

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Rossi Poly Tuffy that is fun to carry. Quake slim sling fits nicely and keeps it handy when cruising through brush. $159.00 at Academy. I have notify me setup on just about every online ammo seller to get more .410, if the price is decent. What I have in stock will take awhile to exhaust in a single shot.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom