• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Been quite awhile since dillos had come to dig up my place, but a few days ago I noticed I'd received a visitor in the night. Took a quick thermal look tonight and spotted one. Loaded the night gun with frangible ammo and went out into the yard. Misjudged my distance from the dog run fence and bumped into it. Dillo took off into the woods at the sound of me hitting the fence and disappeared into the woods. I stood around a few minutes to look out into the pasture and heard a noise...here comes the dillo back. Shot it about about 6'. Suppressed Blackout AR with 108gr frangible subsonic handholds. Wife, inside, heard nothing.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found one of my dogs crunching on a part of dillo shell this after noon. They usually are not found on my place. Also we had a pack coyotes running the area that I think have since moved on. They will prey on dillos.

Apparently armadillos eat fire ants and so my feelings are mixed on their presence. I believe that they also eat yellow jacket nests.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I found one of my dogs crunching on a part of dillo shell this after noon. They usually are not found on my place. Also we had a pack coyotes running the area that I think have since moved on. They will prey on dillos.

Apparently armadillos eat fire ants and so my feelings are mixed on their presence. I believe that they also eat yellow jacket nests.
    And also can carry leprosy

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And also can carry leprosy
    Hanson disease is not highly contagious. I would keep them away the house.
    There are many diseases that are associated with armadillos. They can carry the mycobacterium leprae known to cause leprosy. The armadillos can transmit the leprosy when they attack using their claws. They can carry the rabies and it is the disease known to paralyze any animal that it has affected including the humans. The rabies can only be transmitted through the bites by armadillos but because they bite rarely and it does not have too much risk for humans and pets when it comes to the rabies. The armadillos can also affect the animal with the tapeworms. They are also known to carry salmonella which can be transmitted through fecal matter.

Even if the armadillos do not bite, they are risky to your cat or dog because of the diseases they carry around. When they fear that they are threatened they may claw. When you have armadillos you may be tempted to get rid of them on your own but this is not a good idea especially since you will be putting your home or your family at risk. Because the armadillos are unique animals it is hard for someone who is not qualified to get rid of them. It is advised to call for armadillo’s removal expert who will help you to get rid of the armadillos and he will give you advice on what you should to prevent future infestation. You got yourself a pet, whether it is cat, dog, rabbit, parrot etc, you are excited as well as you will do anything that is essential to keep it safe and sound. http://wildliferemovalusa.com/armadillo-dangerous.html

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I wear gloves when handling them. Now to go pick it up and put the carcass on a far edge of my property away from everything.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been quite awhile since dillos had come to dig up my place, but a few days ago I noticed I'd received a visitor in the night. Took a quick thermal look tonight and spotted one. Loaded the night gun with frangible ammo and went out into the yard. Misjudged my distance from the dog run fence and bumped into it. Dillo took off into the woods at the sound of me hitting the fence and disappeared into the woods. I stood around a few minutes to look out into the pasture and heard a noise...here comes the dillo back. Shot it about about 6'. Suppressed Blackout AR with 108gr frangible subsonic handholds. Wife, inside, heard nothing.
    37!!!! Wow, congratulations. I seem to have finally gotten rid of mine.

Top Bottom