• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    In an encore. Got a barrel en route and kinda curious on folks thoughts regards to scopes, loads for the 375, etc?

Got the barrel in while I was at work last night. She looks purty. Pro hunter partial fluted and now for next steps of finding rail, stock and foreend set.

Attachments

• 20201124_061113.jpg
      20201124_061113.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 89
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Where did you get that bbl ??
    Is it OEM T/C ??
    If you are gonna scope it for the closer ranges,consider the longer eye relief line of Nikon. Constant 4 inches. ---- SAWMAN

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Where did you get that bbl ??
    Is it OEM T/C ??
    If you are gonna scope it for the closer ranges,consider the longer eye relief line of Nikon. Constant 4 inches. ---- SAWMAN

Found it on gunbroker, looks to be factory TC 26 inch from what I recall.
    I'll definitely look into the nikon. I looked at vortex due to owning a couple of their other scopes but the eye relief is a bit short for the recoil of 375.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    When time comes I'll give you the name of the top shoulder Orthopedist in the area

I may have to ask about that even without the rifle. The va only gave so much a crap to fix things lol

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Did you check into those H4895 60% loads for the 375 ?
    Is it applicable ?? What reduced vels with what weight bullets will you get ?? Would be a "fun gun".
    Start looking for bullets in most any weight. Suggest you use LARGE RIFLE MAGNUM primers with all loads . . . severely reduced or full power. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    At one point,alot of years ago now, T/C offered a 416Rigby bbl also.
    I should have grabbed one of those. --- SAWMAN

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Did you check into those H4895 60% loads for the 375 ?
    Is it applicable ?? What reduced vels with what weight bullets will you get ?? Would be a "fun gun".
    Start looking for bullets in most any weight. Suggest you use LARGE RIFLE MAGNUM primers with all loads . . . severely reduced or full power. --- SAWMAN
    It looks like the h4895 loads should be feasible

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Are they listed on the Hodgdon site for use with the 375H&H ??
    Better swoop up some powder. They had some at Styx last time there. Can get some for you next time there. --- SAWMAN

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Downloaded with a cast Lyman # 375449 ( 265gr BHN 16 ) with 4198 or Reloader 7 , mag primer would get 1800fps from a Win 70 24 " bbl . Use belt for headspace because of case taper . Headspace on an Encore is desirable to size cases & shim FP stop to get as close to zero as you can get . FWIW I've found the 26" Encore barrels have a lot of muzzle whip .

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Are they listed on the Hodgdon site for use with the 375H&H ??
    Better swoop up some powder. They had some at Styx last time there. Can get some for you next time there. --- SAWMAN
    I'll be making way there wednesday
    And I'll double check but the powder was on there for 375 hh

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Downloaded with a cast Lyman # 375449 ( 265gr BHN 16 ) with 4198 or Reloader 7 , mag primer would get 1800fps from a Win 70 24 " bbl . Use belt for headspace because of case taper . Headspace on an Encore is desirable to size cases & shim FP stop to get as close to zero as you can get . FWIW I've found the 26" Encore barrels have a lot of muzzle whip .
    Depending how it handles it may be cutting down a couple inches

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    So new adventure now that I finally got ammo in for it.
    The extractor snags on the belt when inserting .

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Is the extractor spring super strong ?? It should be somewhat weaker for the belted cartridge.
    It will mar up your brass somewhat but should skip over it. Maybe twist as pushing.
    I could be wrong but I believe that the 375 H&H was the only belted case chambering that T/C ever chambered for.
    Just a thought - - -> maybe contact Bellm and see what he reccomends. He IS the T/C guru. I know that he offers a wide variety of aftermarket,well thought out and well made,parts. --- SAWMAN
    P.S. - -> which scope will you use on that gun ?? Would love to shoot it. Maybe a range day at my club.
    SHOOTOUT - -> between the 375 and my 500. For the softest recoil . . AND . . the hardest recoil. (??)

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Is the extractor spring super strong ?? It should be somewhat weaker for the belted cartridge.
    It will mar up your brass somewhat but should skip over it. Maybe twist as pushing.
    I could be wrong but I believe that the 375 H&H was the only belted case chambering that T/C ever chambered for.
    Just a thought - - -> maybe contact Bellm and see what he reccomends. He IS the T/C guru. I know that he offers a wide variety of aftermarket,well thought out and well made,parts. --- SAWMAN
    P.S. - -> which scope will you use on that gun ?? Would love to shoot it. Maybe a range day at my club.
    SHOOTOUT - -> between the 375 and my 500. For the softest recoil . . AND . . the hardest recoil. (??)
    Its pretty sturdy but the case does go with a good push during lockup of the barrel.
    I'll try to drop bellm an email to see his thought on it.

The range day would be interesting may have to see how schedule looks when I'm back on days.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If do not want to take up the "challenge" you don't have to make up silly excuses . . . such as . . . WORK !! ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom