• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

So rather than cranking up an old thread from the dead. I'll explain what got me thinking. Went down the rabbit hole on the 6.8 forums and saw old threads on 358 mgp, of course saw old posts by sawman. ( it's a little scary how many times I find his stuff when I go down the random rabbit holes on other forums) .

Anyone local ever get one of these uppers or know where I could put hands on one?
    6.8 spc opened up to 358 rifle bullets.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

So rather than cranking up an old thread from the dead. I'll explain what got me thinking. Went down the rabbit hole on the 6.8 forums and saw old threads on 358 mgp, of course saw old posts by sawman. ( it's a little scary how many times I find his stuff when I go down the random rabbit holes on other forums) .

Anyone local ever get one of these uppers or know where I could put hands on one?
    6.8 spc opened up to 358 rifle bullets.
    350 legend??

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Is it close ballistic wise? Seems like I read it was only 200 fps more?
    Interesting handloading project anyway.
    Ya the easier access of 358 projectiles I have on hand from other projects plus my having a crapload of 6.8 brass both primed pulldowns and once fired it'd be nice. But seems it was pretty limited round of folks got ahold of it.
    The next closest is 358 yeti (308 brass cut down and and using 358 rifle bullets still in ar15 length) but only seems to be barrel bolt and dies sold as set. So may have to go that route

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Ya the easier access of 358 projectiles I have on hand from other projects plus my having a crapload of 6.8 brass both primed pulldowns and once fired it'd be nice. But seems it was pretty limited round of folks got ahold of it.
    The next closest is 358 yeti (308 brass cut down and and using 358 rifle bullets still in ar15 length) but only seems to be barrel bolt and dies sold as set. So may have to go that route
    Mad dog weapons systems has some interesting calibers and barrels. Check em out. Might see something interesting!

Top Bottom