• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't know if it's worth it or not. Tell me your trick and I'll decide. Lol

I used coupon code adjuster3 and got $5 of each and somehow got free shipping as well

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've installed 2 "kits" so far and also polished the working surfaces of the trigger. Pretty nice. Not as nice as any of the retail triggers, but, still quite nice. Definitely a big improvement over a regular mil-spec trigger.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just looked at the trigger group you installed on my New Frontier lower (yup, I'm cheap) and I see where you did the polishing. Although I think the springs are stock and the hammer isn't bobbed, the trigger breaks crisp and clean.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Excellent video. Just gave it a :thumb:

Thanks!

I just looked at the trigger group you installed on my New Frontier lower (yup, I'm cheap) and I see where you did the polishing. Although I think the springs are stock and the hammer isn't bobbed, the trigger breaks crisp and clean.

I probably did polish that one. It's luck-of-the-draw as to the quality of a mil-spec trigger out of the box. I've installed some that have been great (nice and crisp, smooth and not too terribly heavy), and I've installed others that were like the one in the video (heavy, gritty, lots of creep). Some people swear by different brands, but I've never noticed any sort of consistency. The one in the video was pretty bad at the start.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a confirmed Trigger snob, I drop new triggers in all my guns right off the bat, if they suck really bad.Nothing like a awful trigger to make you not like a gun. Nothing like a Timney trigger 5 minute replacement job to make you love a gun again. To me the money spent and time not lost is well worth it, not to mention I don't have the expertise to do all the gunsmithing required.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    $35 trigger job is fine, but I personally would t trust it on anything but a range gun.
    At $35, you're close to an ALG trigger which is quite nice, and most importantly, very reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    At $35, you're close to an ALG trigger which is quite nice, and most importantly, very reliable.

I get that comment a lot when talking about this modification. I've tried one of the ALG QMS triggers and it was worse than a lot of plain-jane mil-spec triggers I've tried. Maybe I just got a bad one (or maybe that particular lower was out of spec), but I wasn't impressed in the slightest. I should probably try another one at some point.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^
    ALG is nothing to write home about, but it's usually enough of an improvement to make it shootable.
    The $35 trigger job can yield EXCELLENT results in terms of feel and pull weight, but as with any DIY mod, you better do some through testing before using it anywhere but the range.
    By the time you shoot a case of ammo through it, the cost is about what a Geissele would run, and you get peace of mind.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a fun and worthwhile project, but like any gun work, it's only as good as the smith.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ^
    ALG is nothing to write home about, but it's usually enough of an improvement to make it shootable.
    The $35 trigger job can yield EXCELLENT results in terms of feel and pull weight, but as with any DIY mod, you better do some through testing before using it anywhere but the range.
    By the time you shoot a case of ammo through it, the cost is about what a Geissele would run, and you get peace of mind.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a fun and worthwhile project, but like any gun work, it's only as good as the smith.

Definitely. If you want to upgrade a rifle that is going to see a ton of rounds or hard use, you should definitely pony up for a good quality (reputable) trigger instead of hacking the factory one.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Definitely. If you want to upgrade a rifle that is going to see a ton of rounds or hard use, you should definitely pony up for a good quality (reputable) trigger instead of hacking the factory one.

The G2S was on sale at DPMS website the other day. After shipping and tax it was going to be about $130 for me vs the $165 normal price.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

For me, these are what I save up to put into all my AR's these days. I love the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom