• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Prob the second bomber seen on video parking the actual truck in OK. Oh wait the feds say he doesn’t exist lol

Fodderwing

Marksman
    I used to load and unload many different hazardous chemicals to and from rail cars. These hatches and covers all had to be sealed with numbered steel cables after unloading and loading - all of which backed up with a paper trail. Negligence was highly punishable.

I will go to the upper floor of my mill tomorrow and take a picture of the piles of material spilled on the CSX tracks we overlook.

lil'skeet

Master
    Ya know, some retard is headed down to the tracks right now with a dust buster.......
    White man that likes real women with real vaginas and breasts. 1911 or 2011 as a sidearm. Bunch of 10.5" ARs with pistol braces. Driving an old diesel truck. Ballcap on straight.
    Or... A trans man with a glock;) and a manbun in skinny jeans.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    It is planting season, fertilizer is but one of the many resources farmers are struggling to buy. Hell Gates could have swiped it to drive more farmers out. Just saying, last week they were plowing in, God knows how many tons, all around me...

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Yeah years ago this wouldn't make the news. Well before the feds made fertilizer all sound like bombs. If it made the news 20 or so years ago it would have read "farmers mad about having to wait a week for more fertilizer to arrive" or something to that affect.
    Most of these types of cargo are unloaded at places specially designed to have an below surface grade level dock area so they can kinda drive the car over the top and open a valve underneath and let gravity do all the work. The only way to do that on the fly with any amount of speed is to make the train stop on a bridge somehow maybe and drain it into a waiting truck. Sort of like the scene in the Breaking Bad series. That, or get one of those auger elevator thingies to pump it out of it and into a truck. But yeah the fact the whole load is dependant on a valve underneath makes it perfectly possible it just drained out.
    It would be easy to find tho. Just Look for a big Pablo Escobar sized white line and you'll have your answer.
    You'd kinda think if its as dangerous as they make it sound they'd have already tracked it down tho, considering the train makes a ton of pressure, heat, electric switches, sparks, and likely made a ton of metal shavings and rust along it's tracks over the years. But I suspect they'll advise to let the next few rains to take care of it. After all it's not confined in such a way to make a blast. If anything any areas that have somewhat large piles may at best flare up with a small fire. Kinda harmless tho I would guess.
    Then with all that said, ammonium nitrate "itself' is rarely a "bomb" material as many think it is by its lonesome. It's actually the oxidizer. Like with let's say something we're more familiar with, let's say tannerite for example. It's hard to believe but the actual bomb part is the tiny packet of the aluminum powder that's added to it. That is what actually goes boom. The nitrate just provides extra oxygen so the boom is increased exponentially faster.
    So I guess when the FEDs was deciding on how to curb attacks with large bombs they knew outlawing things like aluminum or any other thermite type metals, they instead cracked down on the other parts needed to make them instead. Ammonium nitrate isn't even considered as "good" stuff for radicals to make bombs with as it takes a very large amount to make one and even when they do its considered a slower and weaker type of boom. One used mostly by mining operations for that very reason as that type of boom is best for cracking rocks vs what's considered "high explosives." Those require other oxidizers that also was cracked down on hard by FEDs but are lesser known, like peroxides, nitric acids, and so on. Those are the ones they track alot more strictly and are more worth all the worry.
    Btw I'm not a chemist or a bomb dude but it's just what I've read here and there so take this with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom