• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If money is no issue go with the Python. Otherwise I would go for the King Cobra in 3" which may even be a bit less than the 686. If you can find an older Dan Wesson 15-2 they have interchangeable barrels and better trigger than Colts or S&W! Good luck!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had Colt and S&W revolvers for years. DA on my Colts was smoooth; niiice. Nothing compared.

You might have noticed the past tense(?). Colts are gone simply because the cylinder release did not work for me as well as Smith (and Ruger) releases do. I've slicked up my Smith's to where I know/like 'em, but the Colts were built that way. Caveat; no experience with newer Colts.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For a fighting revolver go with the S&W assuming you can shoot DA effectively . If you plan on a steady diet of full pressure magnum ammo the 686 . I prefer the older ones but again it's personal . If you want primarily for carry the 3" K frames are hard to beat ie Model 13 or 65 / 66 . While a steady diet of full pressure loads will wear out a K frame faster , they're robust enough to handle it for serious work . Some settle for something less robust like the Rem Golden Sabre 125 JHP load or Buffalo Bore 20A 38 +P+ .

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    For a fighting revolver go with the S&W assuming you can shoot DA effectively . If you plan on a steady diet of full pressure magnum ammo the 686 . I prefer the older ones but again it's personal . If you want primarily for carry the 3" K frames are hard to beat ie Model 13 or 65 / 66 . While a steady diet of full pressure loads will wear out a K frame faster , they're robust enough to handle it for serious work . Some settle for something less robust like the Rem Golden Sabre 125 JHP load or Buffalo Bore 20A 38 +P+ .
    It /they would get a steady diet of hot ammo although i will start the wife on 38 +p

Members online

Top Bottom