• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For anyone following the litigation re: the NY CCW application requirements, SCOTUS just issued its opinion in Bruen.

The Court held: "New York’s proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I copied and pasted that from a just made post on another forum. Don't have time to analyze now, but appears we got a BIG win!! Hopefully some sails are deflating in DC.

135 page decision. Put on a pot of coffee!!

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Interesting as the senate voted 65 to 34 for red flag gun confiscation with no due process and no crime, not even reasonable suspicion is necessary. Any gun owner is now vulnerable to a no knock raid.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting as the senate voted 65 to 34 for red flag gun confiscation with no due process and no crime, not even reasonable suspicion is necessary. Any gun owner is now vulnerable to a no knock raid.

And maybe one day that will be held unconstitutional as a form of pre crime or simply as a direct impingement on the rapidly rising 2A rights. Ultimately, they'll (libs) probably "get it right" (from a legal review standpoint) in terms of pre seizure protections and after the fact "due process" to the gun owner.

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I could afford to drive to a bar, and if I still had the money to do it, I'd buy first round for any 2nd Amend lovers.

Right now, I'm sweating in the house trying to keep my FPL bill under $500 this month. Pour one out for me!

ammodave

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Off topic, but what's the deal with FPL? I'm in Niceville with Chelco (2000 sq ft) and have never had a power bill over $200. (Gas for hot water).

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what's the deal with FPL

They bought out Gulf Power and had rate hearings thru normal channels back several months ago. Nobody much pays attention to those hearings until the new bills hit. I think they got a bunch of stuff in to "upgrade" the system and justified a rate increase. It's painful--particularly when you get into second tier rates.

I too have gas for hot water and cooking. Mine is all AC--in a 4,000 sq foot, poorly insulated home my grandparents built in the 50s. Least I don't have a house payment!

Last edited:

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I could afford to drive to a bar, and if I still had the money to do it, I'd buy first round for any 2nd Amend lovers.

Right now, I'm sweating in the house trying to keep my FPL bill under $500 this month. Pour one out for me!
    Free shots? On that day even the liberals would claim to be 2A supporters.

I really think all these social issues being raised at a time to distract us from realizing how f’d up the country is.

Cheers

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Free shots? On that day even the liberals would claim to be 2A supporters.

I really think all these social issues being raised at a time to distract us from realizing how f’d up the country is.

Cheers

Yeah, errybody got to get snapped in a pic holding an "I love the 2nd Amend" sign to get that drink.

I'm not distracted in the least. I well realize what a mountain of crap is about to crash on us all.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, Roe is officially gone. Buckle up for the violent reprisals.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For anyone following the litigation re: the NY CCW application requirements, SCOTUS just issued its opinion in Bruen.

The Court held: "New York’s proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf
    Thanks for the link to the text. I plan on reading every word and figuring this out for myself. In the mean-time, on page 3.

"The Court has little difficulty concluding also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch’s and Nash’s proposed course of conduct—carrying handguns publicly for self-defense. Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms, and the definition of “bear” naturally encompasses public carry. Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an “individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” id., at 592, and confrontation can surely take place outside the home. Pp. 23–24."

Just going that far, it is apparent to me that the 2A guarantees RIGHTS, not privileges. Can anyone tell me what rights outlined in the Bill of Rights we are required to pay and/or jump through bureaucratic hoops for? I.e., do we have to pay and be licensed/permitted to exercise free speech, to be protected from unreasonable search and seizure... No, we don't.

So why do we have to ask permission, be "investigated" by "authorities," and ultimately PAY to exercise our Second Amendment RIGHTS? It is now more apparent to me than ever that EVERYTHING associated with the Gun Control Act and legislation to this day is an infringement, if not deliberately-placed barrier, to our RIGHTS.

Anything less than constitutional carry/possession is an infringement,and therefore unconstitutional, IMO.

And... discuss

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, Roe is officially gone. Buckle up for the violent reprisals.
    I don't have a dog in the fight, but do have an opinion. :cool:

1. I'm 99.9% certain this ruling will not significantly change the country and/or the world. Maybe states can, we'll see.

2. If you truly ain't creative/smart enough to have sex without resulting in pregnancy, I for one, have a long list of other things I don't want ya doin' either; like drivin' near me. They actually teach this in high schools and colleges. There are books, there's the Internet, there's you own brain/imagination. Well, not so sure about the last one now...

3. So, I'm supposed to believe that a huge/significant faction of women are all about care-free, uninhibited sex, and that all goes away now because abortion was the only option, and now your whole life is over/ruined? Really? Tell it to Oprah and The View.

It amazes me, the holes some people dig and throw themselves into. I'm not gettin' in there with ya....

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anything less than constitutional carry/possession is an infringement,and therefore unconstitutional, IMO.

I think you well could be proved technically correct.....but maybe in another 50+ years. Pundits were nearly immediately questioning the regulation of automatic weapons due to the lack of an historic precedent of restriction. It'll be interesting times ahead, for sure.

Hochul pretty immediately yapped off that NY would keep residents in the musket age thru regulation. Shows (once again) just how diligent and dumb the libs are.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you well could be proved technically correct.....but maybe in another 50+ years. Pundits were nearly immediately questioning the regulation of automatic weapons due to the lack of an historic precedent of restriction. It'll be interesting times ahead, for sure.

Hochul pretty immediately yapped off that NY would keep residents in the musket age thru regulation. Shows (once again) just how diligent and dumb the libs are.

Yep, may major point of contention is that it takes so long to set things right, those who know about it die off, the next generation doesn't know/care, and has to start from zero if they do. Almost like they plan it that way...

I get that the federalists in the crowd will opine/support that's how our legislative process is supposed to work; slow. I am all in for slow, deliberate, and constitutional legislation, but there needs to be fast-track for the obviously unconstitutional. This nation's citizens should not have to wait decades/centuries, all the while subjected to the "law(s)," while the outright unconstitutional BS bubbles up through the courts, and maybe one day advances to be ruled upon, if we decide we want to get to it.

We need to change that process, IMO. IMO, the Supreme Court needs to review/validate/verify any federal law/bill before it is allowed to go to vote, period. Not just read it and offer opinion. Research, verify, and approve/disapprove based on FACT. I'd happily extend that to executive actions. If that takes decades, so be it. Improve your processes. Same goes for state/local level. Needs to be an unbiased, constitutional determination made prior to voting/enacting. Majority be damned. Period.

For those that say nothing will get done. Yes, it will. What truly needs to get done, will get done. You will be forced to prioritize, not just capitalize on emotion/opportunity (current gun control), and the trivial will fall by the wayside, where it most likely belonged in the first place.

Top Bottom