• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Ya, I'm gonna $hitcan that nikon app. Fyi it was 54 inches at 200 yards with 50 yard zero.
    I was wondering about the 37" drop at 200.
    What was the barrel length with the 54" drop at 200yd with a 50yd zero?

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for my 22LR lovers out there.
    Don't get me wrong, I was that guy with the 338 Win Mag, 45-70, 308 @ 1000 + yds...once but I've always enjoyed putting a 22lr rd into the open end of a spent 12 ga at 200 yds with my CZ.
    I currently have a virgin Christensen Arms Ranger that hasn't sold so why not put a few rds through her and see what she does. I would have to get a much better scope first though
    Why 22lr you ask? Because it hurt me to spend $100 in ammo for three hours of fun ten years ago so can you imagine now with the cost of ammo?
    I say bring on the 22lr and still have money for food
    Shout out to other rim fire tac drivers.
    Have the Ruger Precision in 22 LR. The real difference however is the ammo! Cheaper rimfire Is very inconsistent. Better ammo is much more so!
    For 100 yards or less, a 22 will do pretty much what you want when target shooting etc!

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    how did the 45-70 @ 1000 yards go?
    Like an incoming mortar round. Once my spotter walked me up, I easily hit a 55 gal drum with the same 425gr round out of my H&R Buffalo Classic.
    My strikes were not straight on as expected but neither was my 308.
    My 45-70 sounded better :)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I normally shoot at the port st joe club and they have a 300 yd gong, either 24" or 30". I try and see how many I can have in the air before the first one hits and how long a chain of hits I can manage. Not accuracy really, but fun and challenges your stability. Done with a 10/22 and Marlin 60 and bulk ammo. My hold is usually about 25' above the target, not enough adjustment in my scope so I just eyeball it and pick a spot on the trees above the berm.

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have the Ruger Precision in 22 LR. The real difference however is the ammo! Cheaper rimfire Is very inconsistent. Better ammo is much more so!
    For 100 yards or less, a 22 will do pretty much what you want when target shooting etc!
    CCI at 1640fps seemed to work well at distance for power but when I slowed it down to 1400fps CCI it was a little more accurate out of my Marlin and CZ.

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I normally shoot at the port st joe club and they have a 300 yd gong, either 24" or 30". I try and see how many I can have in the air before the first one hits and how long a chain of hits I can manage. Not accuracy really, but fun and challenges your stability. Done with a 10/22 and Marlin 60 and bulk ammo. My hold is usually about 25' above the target, not enough adjustment in my scope so I just eyeball it and pick a spot on the trees above the berm.
    I've lobbed a few shots at a dump truck bed that was our berm at 300 with my 10/22 so I know the fun of sending them an listening to the returns

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for my 22LR lovers out there.
    Don't get me wrong, I was that guy with the 338 Win Mag, 45-70, 308 @ 1000 + yds...once but I've always enjoyed putting a 22lr rd into the open end of a spent 12 ga at 200 yds with my CZ.
    I currently have a virgin Christensen Arms Ranger that hasn't sold so why not put a few rds through her and see what she does. I would have to get a much better scope first though
    Why 22lr you ask? Because it hurt me to spend $100 in ammo for three hours of fun ten years ago so can you imagine now with the cost of ammo?
    I say bring on the 22lr and still have money for food
    Shout out to other rim fire tac drivers.
    Just recall that the 22LR was meant to harvest game at less than 100 yards that wieghed no more than 10 LBS. That's it's purpose and it works well. Exceed it's purpose and you are going to go hungry!

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've seen a sow hog taken with a 22 and had the sh!t scared out of me when her pod came running in to help.
    She only spun in place and let out a quick squeal.
    We were hired to shoot raccoons that were eating on deer feeders and my friend thought WTH then took the shot.
    I had a Contender so you know my sh!t was weak , I brought a Ruger 10/22 the next time.
    55lbs dressed and tasty.
    I know big animals can be taken with a 22 because some sh!tbag shot and killed a neighbor's horse.
    I used to eat 'Horse Cold cuts' in Germany a lot.Very lean and the best Bolognia i ever ate.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Shot some federal auto match ammo in my g22. Wow. Like night and day compared to the bulk stuff. Impressed.

Top Bottom