22LR at distance anyone?

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my hokey nikon app. 50yd 0, 54.38 inch drop at 200. With the cci sv. Can that be right?? Don't know barrel lenght on the app or bolt,auto.
Sub Velocity rds are quirky because of leas power. They die easy because of the barrel being to short to maximize powder burn or too long and you'll have drag issues after max Q.
Aguilla 60 SSS bypass this with inertia.
Once moving, it keeps on trucking.
All of them though will have significant drop but 54.38" @ 50yds seems way off the charts to me.

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today, I ordered a 6.5 x 24 x 42 scope to see what I'm aiming at. I like to focus on the stamp marks on a shotgun shell at 200 yrds :)
I hope I've still got it

BowChamp

Expert
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My long distance 22LR shooting experience is 12 oz coke cans at 200 yds. with a Ruger MKII pistol, off hand and iron sights. Shooting CCI mini mags of course. It's really not that difficult and a lot of fun!!!!

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My long distance 22LR shooting experience is 12 oz coke cans at 200 yds. with a Ruger MKII pistol, off hand and iron sights. Shooting CCI mini mags of course. It's really not that difficult and a lot of fun!!!!
My friend with his XP 100 at 500 would warm up with his Benchmark at 200 on clays.
It is fun.

BowChamp

Expert
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My best kill shot to date, with a 22 LR:

I was fishing in a pond, catching a few bass, with salamanders I dug up from under rotten logs in the woods. Had just reeled in a 4 lb. bass when I heard something walking in the dry leaves. I looked across the pond only to see a big ol'e fat doe feeding on acorns about 65 yards away. I put the bass back and reached for my Nylon 66 propped on the pine tree next to me. It was loaded with Rem. thunderbolts and I new it was a heart shot or nothing, because her head was down. Knowing I had only one chance, I took careful aim with the iron sights and squeezed the trigger. At the sound of the shot she raised her head and started to slowly walk off. I waited a few minutes and went to where she was standing at the shot. She had walked about ten yards and collapsed dead with no sounds what so ever. The bullet centered one rib on entrance, clipped the top of the heart and centered one rib as it exited the opposite side. She made for some mighty fine table fixin's

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a sow hog taken with a 22 and had the sh!t scared out of me when her pod came running in to help.
She only spun in place and let out a quick squeal.
We were hired to shoot raccoons that were eating on deer feeders and my friend thought WTH then took the shot.
I had a Contender so you know my sh!t was weak , I brought a Ruger 10/22 the next time.
55lbs dressed and tasty.
I know big animals can be taken with a 22 because some sh!tbag shot and killed a neighbor's horse.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sub Velocity rds are quirky because of leas power. They die easy because of the barrel being to short to maximize powder burn or too long and you'll have drag issues after max Q.
Aguilla 60 SSS bypass this with inertia.
Once moving, it keeps on trucking.
All of them though will have significant drop but 54.38" @ 50yds seems way off the charts to me.
Ya, I'm gonna $hitcan that nikon app. Fyi it was 54 inches at 200 yards with 50 yard zero.

Products discussed on GCGF

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom