• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see a .22 benchrest match is scheduled for tomorrow at ERGC. Since I recently renewed my membership after a few years away I'm thinking of going, just to watch and learn this time. I currently do not have a rimfire accurate enough for competition so want to see what others are using. Is the competition still on for 1/22/222 and is it usually well attended?

Brockskennedy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yes it is usually pretty close to full tomorrow there will be 16 shooters scheduled.

I would feel comfortable saying that most of the leeding factory class shooters are shooting some form of a cz 457, but it is a friendly environment so there are alit of shooters that are not serious in the competition side as well. This means that probably 50% of shooters just bring what they have and have fun.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would this event be open to non members if one wanted to just come and watch? Also would memberships be available?

Brockskennedy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I dont believe escambia river has a limit on member but I may be wrong. I got in with no issue or wait. Nonmember can come with a member and shoot for $20 as opposed to $15 for a member. Or they can watch for free with no issue.

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Would this event be open to non members if one wanted to just come and watch? Also would memberships be available?
    Lee Brown is the contact for this event. He is a member, but not on the forum often. Look in the other shooting sports section to find the ARA website info to sign up. Open to anyone, weather a member of ERGC or not. These matches are fun and geared toward beginners.

Last edited:

LeeB

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Please come out and join us for the match. Gates open at 730am with registration at 8am. Safety briefing at 830 with first shots by 9am.

Match is open to members and non-members alike. $15 for members and $20 for non-members. You can also join the range anytime during the day for only $140 a year.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please come out and join us for the match. Gates open at 730am with registration at 8am. Safety briefing at 830 with first shots by 9am.

Match is open to members and non-members alike. $15 for members and $20 for non-members. You can also join the range anytime during the day for only $140 a year.
    Thank You

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info! I'll be there tomorrow just to see how the match is run and see how much money I'll have to spend to get a decent rifle and scope good enough for the competition. Also will be shooting and bringing a friend who has never shot before to teach him some and hopefully give him the shooting bug too.

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Thanks for posting information. I’d love to attend a match.
    Have not shot my 10/22T since way before the pandemic.
    I got plenty of .22 match rounds.

LeeB

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here are the results from the match yesterday. VERY cold and windy.

Attachments

• Match Rankings_ Overall.jpg
      Match Rankings_ Overall.jpg
      108.1 KB · Views: 149

seaswol

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The best practice is Competition. This is a great group of people who will take the time to talk extensively with you. Since you own a great .22 already, practice trigger pull, ammo, scope or brand of gun only ounce mastered the trigger. You are ready to go, you have a gun and ammo!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom