• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like a good wife gun when the prices come down. I believe this gun msrp's for $479 so when the dust settles you should be able to get one for around $400.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've seen a few places advertise them on-line for $459.
    I'm sure it will be just like the LCP. When it first came out some people paid as $500. Then when the dust settled they are less than $300.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Buds gun shop is taking pre orders for $424. For those interested, still have to pay ffl, shipping,etc. though. Cheaper than $650 and up;)

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

gtmcgeejr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got mine for 449 plus TTT fee total was $504.64 should be here this week.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn, we got one in a couple days ago. Sold it for $450. Didn't know we could have raped the guy and got $650 for it. Who the heck is trying to get $650 for one? :crazy:

It's damn near exactly the same size as my shield with the shield having a slightly longer grip. Length is the same, width is the same, shield is about a 1/4" longer. The Glock is lighter weight though.

Personally I don't know why Glock would make a .380 the same size that every one else can make a 9mm, 40S&W, and 45ACP.

Glock-42-Vector-8.png

Attachments

• Glock-42-Vector-8.png
      Glock-42-Vector-8.png
      47.6 KB · Views: 240
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    For those who are recoil sensitive, it's a great alternative, just can't load it with the cheap stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Got to fire a Glock 42 Sunday. Liked it so much that I got one this morning. Had some failures to chamber and eject at first, but it is running much better now. Zero failures with Speer factory Gold Dot ammo, which is what it will be loaded with for other than plinking. I think some of the "misc" reloads shot at first to break it in (using left over 90gr bullets with a lighter powder charge) were too light, as heavier ("normal" power) 100gr bullet reloads worked fine and kicked the empties a few feet further away.

I fired standing up 20-30 feet away from my target. 98 shots formed a 1.75" group centered about 1/4" to the left of point of aim.

PS Just did an informal test...it took more effort to pull back the Glock 42 slide than it does to pull back the SIG 238 slide...the SIG runs fine with those light reloads.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hickock 45 on Utube has a review on it but I haven't gotten to watch it to see what he thinks about it. I'm sure he will take some long range shots with it.

Flguy32514

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To the guys saying they don't know why glock did the .380, people have been begging for a .380 glock for as long as I can remember, I've heard guys say they would buy it in any frame that glock already makes, just to say they have one. so I'm sure thats why glock decided to make one. At least from what I know too, this pistol is way out of Glocks normal range of guns. I do also believe though that the "reliable source" has been fed information to get to the public about there not being a 9mm so more folks will buy the .380, then buy the 9.

RedcedarHunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Good vid Frank! His title is slightly misleading though....I was expecting some epic Solo-type failure.

Seems to run great with all but the 80 gr. Barnes. Perfect example of why I try to run ~50 or so carry rounds through it before it goes anywhere with me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom