• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My wife saw the plane go over the house she was living in and then ran to her grandparents and rode in their boat with them to see if they could help. First responders were already there by the time they got near the plane so they turned around and went home
    Milligan train crash in April 1978 kept me from going home after work and for a week after. Anhydrous ammonia leaked out and my mom, granny, sister and sisters kids had to evacuate and I had to track them down after I got off work

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Let’s not forget the time a barge hit the 3 miles bridge and people had to drive the long way around for 7 months.
    This was before the Garçon Point bridge so people had to go all the way to Hwy 87.
    So, what was normally a 6 or 7 mile drive to work turned into a 50 or 60 mile drive.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My wife saw the plane go over the house she was living in and then ran to her grandparents and rode in their boat with them to see if they could help. First responders were already there by the time they got near the plane so they turned around and went home
    Milligan train crash in April 1978 kept me from going home after work and for a week after. Anhydrous ammonia leaked out and my mom, granny, sister and sisters kids had to evacuate and I had to track them down after I got off work
    i remember that train derailment. we had to evacuate up to milton. when we came back home there were dead birds all over the yard.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was in collage. The pilots were flying a night ASR (non-precision) approach, set the altimeters incorrectly and not properly monitoring the altimeters. The approach controller didn't help as well as he might. The lucky thing was flying into the water(airpot elevation is 125 feet above sea level). If they had stay just above the water, they would have hit the hill on scenic hwy.

Interesting side note: The plane carried USPS mail. About 6 months after the crash a friend in school received a letter that was on the plane. The letter was water stained and some of the ink was smeared.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom