• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirbwrx

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Can anyone provide any info about this 1911 for me? I know it's a Springfield and that's it. Can anyone identify the type, year, etc?
    download_20210413_061829.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It says made in Brasil right next to Illinois USA... Idk, do they all say that? That might help date it

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The interwebs says ;

the 1911's that have the "Brazil" import marking's on the frame have more than 50% of the work performed by IMBEL, these would have the "N" prefix. The GI's are also made in Brazil and have the WW prefix. The Mil-spec model's can have either a N or NM prefix, with the N being most common.

Springfield's Loaded models, could either have the N or NM prefix. Model's with the N prefix are imported almost complete with the exception of the sight and beavertail grip safety cut's. These cuts are done at Springfield's facility in Geneseo, IL. The NM prefix Loaded's (as well as the Range Officer, TRP and Trophy Match) have the magwell and most of the internal cuts done, but no rail cuts. The final CNC machining on NM prefixes is done in Illinois.

The rest of the 1911 prefixes such as LW, TGO-2, TGO-3 and EMP all come from Springfield's Illinois facility, though I have seen some older LW's marked "Brazil". The Custom Shop gun prefixes such as CRG, FBI, DEA, and TGO-1, as well as any other Custom Shop marked gun, are also made in Illinois. According to Springfield, the Custom Shop marked guns are built using "National Match" frames.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "M1911 pistols: Project Colt - IMBEL acquired a manufacturing license for the M1911 pistol, and has exported pistols to the United States of America through Springfield Armory, Inc. (sold under the Springfield Armory brand) since 1985.[citation needed] It produces .380 ACP, 9mm Parabellum, .40 S&W and .45 ACP models. All Springfield Armory, Inc. 1911's with an "IMBEL, Brazil" stamp start on IMBEL's production lines."

So "Springfield Armory" has Gov and military connections but its in Brazil. Lol. Some my be suprised by the Brazilian marking but there's a U.S. Law that requires identification of point of origin when end items or totality of parts tip the scales away from being a PRODUCT of the U.S.A. Springfield Armory Imports complete guns and assembles (various levels) others. No different the 1911guns and parts sourced in the Philippines and sold under a few different names. I'm sure the Turks are cutting into the 1911 market share too.

I won't forget the SA/RRA back door deal for legal exemptions that was going to hit john gun owner in 2017.

Top Bottom