• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longbow14

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i have a buddy who for some unknown reason is trying to sell off most of his classic sporting guns for more modern arms. He brought up an Ithica mag10 i've handled it before but never shot it. Anyone own one or have any experience with 10gauge? I heard it was his dad's goose and turkey gun. the bore looks like I could drop a honda mid charge.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Shot my dads TWICE........no desire to EVER do it again.........my advice, chop the barrell, stick it beside the bed for home security, you will need to get your arm set but the perp and your wall will be devestated !!!!!!!!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have shot the older Ithaca Mag-10 "Road Blocker" and the somewhat newer Remington SP-10 both. Probably 20 shots out of both,maybe less. They both were the same as to recoil and muzzle rise. The Ithaca was the shorter bbled version(IIRC a 23" ?)and the SP-10 was the 26" I believe. Either are not plinkers. One shot one goose is not a problem though. More of a great big push than a hard,quick,sledge hammer thump. Best I could say was it was like a NEF single shot 12ga max load. The action of either of these eats up a little of the recoil impulse.

You might check the price that they are going for on Gunbroker,etc. If he is selling low you could make some money on the gun. ESPECIALLY if the gun is in great shape. It just could be your next turkey gun (??) If you do get, it lemme know if you need some ammo. --- SAWMAN

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I own a Remington SP10 and have shot the Browning BPS10 hundreds of times. The Remington is just a little too big for me, it doesn't handle (to me) as good as the Browning. 10 gauges are AWESOME waterfowl guns and the recoil is not half as bad as you would imagine. The only problem is finding ammo for them.

Rmalone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought an Ithica Mag 10 last year from someone that had no desire to own it any more and really enjoyed using it. Does kick quite a bit, but not as bad as some of the 12s I've shot since it's so heavy. Great bird gun, but great range for deer hunting as well. I did have trouble finding shells for it, and once I did they came with a big price tag.

Top Bottom