• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    So Im not sure how to post a link but these are easy to find. I have been looking at and contemplating a couple optics. A 1-6 with bdc reticle sold by norden performance. And a 1.1-10 with basically the same reticle sold by grsc inc. Norden performance has their own site for the 1-6. Grscinc.com has the 1.1-10. From what I can research the norden performance scope is made at or by LOW in japan. And the 1.1-10 is made in china. And the same guy apparently created both the reticles. Has anybody had any type of experience with either of these scopes? There seems to be a lot of videos on the respective sites but not a lot of outside reviews like you would find with a multi million dollar company. I like the reticle on the 1-6 more than the 1.1-10. I also dont mind the no name company part. 1. Im not a brand junky. And 2. Everybody has to start somewhere. I have a an athlon etr scope is has been solid and has really good glass. And that company has only been around about 5 years. So please look up these scopes if you have time. I will try to post a link if I figure it out. I have no, zero, not one bit of affiliation with any company selling this stuff. Im asking for feedback so I can make an informed decision as a buyer. Thanks

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tap/Click the Search Bar on the "Link text", entire screen should shift to your Browser with the same info in Search Bar. Long Tap/click text again (you may need to hold the Tap/Click for a second or two and release. A menu bar with options such as copy, cut, paste, share... Click copy. Now go to Thread/Post/Comment you have open. Click in the text block wher you want it. Now do another long tap/click and the menu should appear again. Click: Paste. You may need to hit the space bar a few times, moving the Curser then Click within the "space" you just made, to insert the info copied. You don't need to make a space big enough for the text you copied, it will be inserted. Hope that helps.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Easy, Japan is our ally, China is not but rather another word that starts with E. China just caused a pandemic that killed 40K Americans and has the potential to kill more and, and lied about it. I may be an Army of one but China has a lot to answer for before I forget the fallout of what they've done to the world. But that aside IMHO Japan has more experience at making high end glass that lasts than China.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I saw in the current issue of Shooting Illustrated that the Marines tested a 1-8x and approved it for issue. I think it was a Trijicon. Endorsements dont get much higher than that

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Right . . . AND . . . they don't get much more expensive than that either.
    Gotta be a great piece of equipment though.
    Wonder where they will be made/assembled at ?? --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I know nothing of the brands other than browsing the links you posted. The Nordin seems to have a lot similar to a U.S. Optics made scope, but for $1k I'd go with something like a Vortex or Trijicon or maybe a little more cash and get a used Kahles or NF. The reticle really plays a huge part on which scopes I'm interested in. For a LPVO up to 8x I dont really need a "busy" reticle but it's also mission driven I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Limited to reading "company info" is like believing everything a used car salesman says. Either members are shy all of a sudden or nobody has experience with them. You seem to be firmly decided on the reticle design. I couldn't get either companies vids to run but they are using some of the same videos! Specs on both are lacking.

On the cheaper scope: what is "HD GLASS"? Is the reticle on the first focal plane?

On the spendy scope what is the Tube/Ring size? What are the W/E click values?

What coating are on the lenses? How do you adjust "Their" BDC to match your ammo? What's the Warranty/Guarantees?

BUT its a Third Company that got the U.S. Mil contract. Was it a lower bid, value Plus, Specification points or production limit?

I dont know the actual manufacturing companies but I I would take Japanese over china based on Japans known optical glass quality and their overall quality control. China does cheaper (and that's what you get) but you never see china make "better" products.

Good luck.

Top Bottom