• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gentlemen,
    In my time on this forum….I cannot figure out what “bump” means on posted threads…. I have hesitated to ask because if it’s something obvious I don’t wanna look stupid… But there it is… Can somebody please explain? While I’m at it I might as well ask, what does “PM” mean As well?
    Thank you

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    It bumps the tread. Brings it to the top of the page for more to see instead of being buried pages back. Potentially more traffic or a newcomer to see that may have missed it originally.

In the old days this was "TTT". (to the top[of the page])

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I think others do it to other people's post.. simply to be able to find the post again easier without having to search for it. I've had to do it once before when using this tapatalk app. I was trying to deal with a guy on a gun he had that we spoke about a while back on a post. But I couldn't find it on my end. So I had him bump it so I'd get a new alert to take me right back to a post I commented on before. And after he did that I again lost it lol. But managed to navigate thru all the sections and find it again. And I bumped it myself so I could refer to it again. May not make much sense unless ya using a goofy app like this. But I don't have any other way to upload photos. So I use this app. Till this day I can't get it to post YouTube links properly. Each time I try to share a link in a thread that's already going.. it only gives me the option to share it on a new post. So yeah it's weird lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    PM = Private Message or starting a private conversation.
    SPF = Sold Pending Funds or payment or meetup to receive payment and transfer the item sold
    IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thank you much, I appreciate the explanations…..on one of the responses, a gentleman said he had a “new alert”….
    is there a way you can get alerts for people place a new post?

MadMac22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thank you much, I appreciate the explanations…..on one of the responses, a gentleman said he had a “new alert”….
    is there a way you can get alerts for people place a new post?
    At the top of the page there is a button that says "Watch" that will notify you of any new posts to a thread.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Do yourself, the other members a favor and read the rules sections. They pretty much explain how the entire forum operates. It will make it easier and help it run smoother.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Do yourself, the other members a favor and read the rules sections. They pretty much explain how the entire forum operates. It will make it easier and help it run smoother.
    G-Rat,
    From what I read I saw some of these things referenced, but know explanation of what they meant. I apologize if my question here caused the forum to not run “smooth” while my questions were being explained.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    G-Rat,
    From what I read I saw some of these things referenced, but know explanation of what they meant. I apologize if my question here caused the forum to not run “smooth” while my questions were being explained.
    No no, you're fine bub.

Top Bottom