• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have been wanting to get a budget LPVO for one of my ARs for a while now. I figure in the range of $300. I already have a mount. I want 1-? Power. I really want a lighted dot and fairly simple reticle. Which ones should I be looking at?

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Vortex, atibal, primary arms or sig. Actually run 3 of those 4

Just haven't gotten to personally beat on an atibal otherwise it'd be 4 for 4

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Primary Arms, Vortex Viper 1-4x, Swampfox Optics, and Bushell( although the lighted reticle is less than desirable)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have a Vortex 1-6x and like it. But it's not mounted on anything anymore. I found myself keeping it on 1x more and more until I eventually realized that's all that's needed under 200 yards... then I got rid of all the extra weight and now just run with a lightweight red dot. Swings and points faster, too, with just a red dot. Losing that extra pound on your optic very well could save your life. But I'm a little biased... we were trained to make hits out to 500 yards without optics. Never once was I ever issued an optic of any sort in all 4 years. Saves weight and simplifies logistics by not carrying around batteries too, and you don't have to worry about babying your service rifle. If you can't beat something to death with your service rifle without worrying about breaking it, you are wrong. A compromise is the solar powered rechargeable red dot

Last edited:

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I have primary arms FFP and SFP LPVO’s, and I’ve had Vortex’s. Personally, I like my Primary Arms a little better than Vortex, but they are pretty similar and I think Vortex is probably growing into a better product. I also have trijicon LPVO’s, which are nicer but out of that price range. I’m curious about Swampfox, they seem to be nice quality for the price, but I haven’t tried one yet. Burris RT6 is pretty well liked, close to your budget. The best deal on a LPVO might be the Vortex Viper 1-4x gen 1 scopes. They are on clearance for under $300 now. Not as nice as the 2nd gen Vipers, and only a 1-4x, but might be the best quality for the price, since it was a $500 scope until then gen 2 came out.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    So the new Bushnell AR 1-4x has some very clean glass. Got it from Amazon for around 120 delivered.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would take a look at primary arms 2x prism. It's not an lvpo but it shares the same utility and I'm very impressed with mine

Are those the ones with adjustable diopter? If so, how well does that work? That's what I need to start looking at due to astigmatism.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I would take a look at primary arms 2x prism. It's not an lvpo but it shares the same utility and I'm very impressed with mine

Are those the ones with adjustable diopter? If so, how well does that work? That's what I need to start looking at due to astigmatism.
    Yes adjustable, works
    20220112_173134.jpg
    20210210_182504.jpg
    good...

Top Bottom