• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is just a quick review of my new Springfield Armory Garrison in 45 ACP. Unfortunately, I did have to send it back to Springfield for two issues.

The first issue was that the thumb safety would not fully engage. There was a gap between the safety and where it is supposed to be on the slide. The safety did work, but it just didn’t feel right for it not to be fully where it should be.

The second issue was that the fitting of the barrel bushing to the slide was too tight. I had to use a barrel bushing wrench to move it enough to field strip the gun. I tried two other bushings and one was the same (very tight) and the other wouldn’t even go into the slide.

Both issues were corrected by Springfield Armory. The safety now engages fully with a very positive click and the bushing was properly fitted to the slide. It is still tight, but can be removed by hand with a little extra force.

Even though I’m not completely happy with the bushing issue, I am very pleased with the way it shoots. I was getting good groups at 10 yards with 2A Warehouse bulk 230gr ball ammo (target picture is 8 rounds at 10 yards). It does shoot slightly low-left, but that is probably me. For this review, I aimed slightly high-right to hit center mass. I don’t have this problem with my other handguns, but they all have adjustable sights. If I can’t correct this with my grip or stance, I may be looking into getting a lower front sight or possibly a fiber optic adjustable set.

Original grips are too thin and are in original box for safekeeping. New grips were bought off Amazon for $24.99. Bought for looks, not function, although the are functional.

Overall, I am very pleased with my SA Garrison. Looks good and shoots good. What more can you ask for at a $650.00 price point?

Garrison.JPG

SA Garrison.JPG

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really appreciate reviews from regular people. We should do more of that.

You could probably drift the rear sight over to correct the windage, and I would try some self-defense loads to see where they print. With a few exceptions and "yeah, buts" hotter ammo tends to print a bit higher.

Top Bottom