• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I recently acquired a stainless 10-22, this will make my second 10-22. My first I got about 25 years ago and boy has the quality fell off. My older one will keep the same stock configuration that it has always had. But for the new one I'm wanting to build a budget tack driver. I have next to nothing in the new one.That being said I don't want to end up with a $1000 rifle. Who has any advise or expirence with this build type.

Does anyone have any parts laying around, or any recommendations on what to buy. I know I'm gonna need a new .920 target barrel, a nice stock of some type, and some trigger work, or a new trigger group. I've got the scope and bypod covered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

tonyd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the best thing to start with is the trigger vq has a great trigger group for about 225.00 or you can go to a parts group like a clark or kid for 60.00. i have done both and unless you are trying to build the ultamate 10/22 go with the parts kit

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd start with a Green Mountain barrel, a VQ sear, and whatever stock suits your taste. If you want a sporter barrel in SS and the full size stock I have a set from an old build I might part with. It would shoot about 3/4" @ 50yds with S&K standard plus ammo.

tonyd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ya 160 vs225 its a good buy but bang for the buck i would go for the parts group

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mullet,

Here's one that you may like, I love mine! Has a Midway .920” Bull Barrel, Boyd’s Blaster Nutmeg Laminate Stock, extended magazine release, an illuminated (red) Tasco 6-24x50 AOE scope, high mount scope rings, and the metal trigger housing. The receiver, trigger housing and barrel have been baked in Gun Kote OD green. The roll marks on the receiver have been colored filled in semi-gloss black. It could have better glass on it, but it is a tack driving son-of-a-gun and always turns heads when I bring it out. Good luck with your build!

Claysruger.jpg

Attachments

• Claysruger.jpg
      Claysruger.jpg
      89.9 KB · Views: 194
    Last edited:

Gentle Wolf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am curious as to how this turns out for you. I am thinking about doing a similar build as soon as I can shake the AR bug. Keep us posted.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    BTT.... Y'all tell Me what to order for this build.... Like I said before I haven't been following the 10-22 hype...
    Barrel suggestions,trigger parts, springs I got to have??? Do I need a blocking system for the barrel? Help out an ole redneck...

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After looking at ebay it seems a little confusing , seems like more options for them than the whole A/R platform ...I never new people got into them like that,not taking anything away from them as I own 2 myself..

Top Bottom