• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok I should have said. Best out of the box gun for $800? Only mods I would like to do is add some night sights

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check and see what Springfield offers for under $800 is this backwards or what you're looking to get a gun with a thumb safety and I am in the market for a glock

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check and see what Springfield offers for under $800 is this backwards or what you're looking to get a gun with a thumb safety and I am in the market for a glock

Yeah this ones gonna be a range toy and something I could possibly pass down to my kids.. Ill stick to the Glocks for protection..

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry my EMP, my Sigs, my Colt Defender... no need to leave 'em in the safe gentlemen.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By FAR the best gun for under $800 impactguns.com has a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911 with tritium night sights fo $799.99 look at the grip safety it's a beavertail

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had three in 45APC. My Corps issued Service Colt: Went bang every time in rough conditions, chest size group at 25 yards. A Remington Rand: Wore out, rattled like a castanets when you shook it but if fired every time and hit or scared the hell out of targets. I got the 1911 bug again and started research for a high quality AND great value gun. I was considering the Taurus PT1911SS (non rail) It was so good looking and had most of the custom featured from the factory. Then I saw this 1100 round test fired in to minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7HYgTWAsg

Taurus semi's are a you love them or hate them proposition. Resale will be better on a colt or springfield too.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did anyone notice he pulls the trigger with his SUPPORT hand...is this a normal practice???...back to ur question....a good friend owns a PT1911 and considers it one of his nicer ones...unfortunately I havent got to shoot it yet

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good catch on the support hand trigger pull. I reviewed part 1 and 2 and he switches back and forth, I guess he had an idea of the trigger finger "wear" that was coming.
    WR

Top Bottom