• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    This happened last night (9/9) in Round Up Valley, Milton (across from the Tom Thumb on 87 & Bayon) I'm going to cut and paste what the home owner wrote on FB Page "Pensacola Gun and Outdoors Trader" These are some written statement made by RF, the homeowner/victim...

" The 2nd amendment just saved lives in my house just now! Thank you god. Man barged in , dog takes him down , shotgun to his head until the police show up!!..."

" So this guy who is jacked up on God knows what starts beating on my door screaming for help! These blacks guys are going to kill me! I run to my bedroom and grab my shotgun. By the time I grabbed my gun , I hear growling , so I know my dog got him. I run back to the living room and press my shotgun to the back of his head and was screaming if you move 1 more inch I'll blow your Fucking brains out! Meanwhile my wife is on the phone with 911. Needless to say the man is lucky...."

" There was no black guys. He was on bath salts. Left in ambulance. He tried getting into our neighbors house first and couldn't get in. He was only charged with trespassing... has multiple warrants in Orlando..."

It happened around 8pm, that's pretty much the gist of what happened. Homeowner said he did not lock his door(s) until bedtime. A few folks on this forum are also on that FB page and have read this already. Nothing in the news last night or this morning. My suggestion to all is to lock your door all of the time, or some one with not good intentions can walk right in. Thank goodness the homeowner had his shotgun at the ready.

FNHman

Marksman
    No mention of the 21 year old hospital employee kidnapped at knife point by suspects at west Florida hospital in the news either.

SAWMAN

Master
    We always keep our doors locked . Even when the wife and I are out in the front OR back yard working we keep our doors locked.

We keep ..... let's see ..... 5 guns spread throughout the house. All are loaded with rd chambered. Extra ammo with each gun. Also a LOADED shotgun in my garage in case I come home and see something "not right".

In the case of the OP .... if it were me,I do not believe that the BG would be "all right" when the guys get out of the doughnut shops and finally show up. A home invasion or break-in TO ME is like forceable rape. There would be "consequences" to befall the BG(s) other than simply turning them over to a cop. I got 'em in my house at gunpoint ... simple ... I OWN 'EM !!! For as long as it takes the cops to arrive,and/or as long as it takes me to call them. I OWN 'EM !!! --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    you dang skippy.....

someone does that @ my place, he will wish the dog got him...cause I would be mopping some pools of blood up...

Viking1204

Master
    So because the guy left his door unlocked he's only charged with trespassing? That's total BS, the son of a bitch broke into a house, he should be charged with attempted burglary.

Now on to the homeowner. I find it funny how many people don't lock their doors at all times, it's so simple to do.

Deersniper270

Master
    Sounds like a normal day in Round Up Valley. There's a lot of those folks over there. I've seen it and have friends who live there. I'd have my doors locked all the time.

John B.

Master
    I was actually in this neighborhood around 5pm doing a termite inspection, it seems like a nice enough neighborhood, some houses are a bit trashy, but it's mostly new construction.

As far as keeping doors locked, I live in a very nice neighborhood in Gulf Breeze and I always have my doors locked... guns in every room, ready to roll (no kids, just dogs) I hope I never have to drop the hammer, but I'm not sure I could be as disciplined as he was...

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    I don't know what's going on with the news around here....seems that either our news organizations are just useless/lazy. Or there is a conscious effort to limit the amount of negative information brought to light.
    Probably both.
    WEAR just kept repeating the same few useless stories this morning.....nothing about bath salt zombies running amuck.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Or bether yet it didn't fit their agenda. After all, a black man wasn't shot by a white man.

John B.

Master
    Lol... if they spent 2 minutes discussing every home invasion, break in, and violent crime in Santa Rosa and Escambia county, the 7 o'clock news wouldn't end until midnight.

I mean really guys, do any of you have a clue how often this happens every day?

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    I live near downtown pcola.
    Just before last Christmas a car came speeding through my neighborhood.
    It was moving so fast that when it clipped the stop sign on the corner it launched into the air ...all 4 wheels off the ground.
    The car crashed down into some scrub bushes....which stopped it from going into the neighbors house. Seeing flames - I began to walk towards the vehicle while calling 911. I got about 100 feet from the vehicle - when a single shot rang out! The driver had taken his own life!
    With all the fire trucks, police, ambulance...ECT.....no report ever hit the news! WTF?
    I see the news trucks running around....but it seems that they don't chase stories like they do in other areas.
    Not sure how they decide where to go or what to cover.

JBryan314

Master
    The news might not be reporting the Roundup Valley story because it's easy to construe in favor of the 2A. Sue Straughn is an anchor at WEAR and she and her husband are very left-wing. Her husband is a big wig at Sinclair broadcasting. The PNJ, like most rags, is a liberal one. Again, the story could be an easy 2A story. So it won't be made a huge deal.

Now... On the flip side, to be fair... It was one dude breaking into one house, which happens a lot. This dude happened to get caught and held at gun point. It's a cool story and an eye opener. Not much more to it than that.

Now, the kidnapping... That's worth a look...

Viking1204

Master
    I think what makes it a big story is the bad guy was caught and held by the good guy until the cops got there, those kinds of stories are rare which is what makes it odd it wasn't in the local news. I've seen stories like this on Fox National news before.

What doesn't make the news is every break in where the bad doesn't get caught, they're just too common. Honestly, how often does the good guy catching the bad guy story happen, not very often. If it's left out of the local news it was on purpose, they don't want to show support for 2A which was stated previously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom