• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/1...rself-while-adjusting-bra-holster-police-say/

A Michigan woman who died after accidentally shooting herself in the head in the beginning of the year was adjusting her bra holster when the gun went off, police said.

St. Joseph Public Safety Department Director Mark Clapp told the Kalamazoo Gazette 55-year-olod Christina Bond was “having trouble adjusting her bra holster and could not get it to fit the way she wanted it to.”

Clapp also said Bond was looking down before accidentally firing the weapon.

Officers found Bond Jan. 1 with a gunshot wound to the eye. She was taken to Lakeland Hospital and then airlifted to Bronson Methodist Hospital the next day. Bond later died.

Bond spent two years in the U.S. Navy after high school, according to her obituary. She was an administrator at a local church for 15 years and ministered at a jail.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    What's tragic is that someone thought it was a good idea to make this holster and that other people look at it and say "Gee, that's a good idea." If I took a Glock17 and mounted it upside down on a vest centered up on my head people would call me stupid among other things, but put a Glock42 under a shirt upside down mounted to a bra centered up on their head and people call it genius. :frusty:

Dan1612

Master
    Rule #2 - never let the muzzle of your firearm "cover" something that you're not willing to destroy...

Rule #2 is also the reason I don't believe in appendix carry, or the shoulder rigs that point the weapon at everyone behind you. JMO.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    That article has me thinking that when she was adjusting her bra that finger was on the trigger. Look up most bra holsters and they point to the left or right not at your face. It is sad something like this happened but she probably should have paid just a little more attention. Whether you appendix carry, 3 o clock, whatever you will eventually flag yourself especially if you are sitting down. There is way more to this story than the firearm going off.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    I will add that if anyone has a bianchi 9r, Safari land 19, Berns marten, or any "upside down" clamshell shoulder holster, I will be happy to take it and have it destroyed. These type holsters direct the muzzle at the users armpit, I'll take any and all models for any and all makes and brands. It's for your own protection, I promise I won't use them myself....

Seriously though, this is bad news and I should be respectful. We should all take care to consider what our weapons are doing in and out of the holster, and be cautious as to not injure ourselves.

Top Bottom