• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know if soaking it in Acetone will take this stuff off? I read some mixed reviews around the internetz as to whether it will work or not

texasden

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i had to sandblast an ak-47 that i tried duracoat on and it turned out BAAAAAAAAAD. i then use birchwood casy's rust & blue remover to get in the cracks and tight spots. a lot of work but i got er done.

Gyrene

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can't you use oven cleaner to get it off? I thought I read that somewhere. I will see if I can find it again.

UPDATE: Jasco Paint and Epoxy Remover works.

Last edited:

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    After spraying a bunch of duracote, and ceracoat, and using both types of coating in the field I say their is not much difference. Duracoat holds just as well as ceracoat if its layed down right. Prep work is the key. They are both tough, that being said I would rather spray Duracoat, and I would rather use Duracoat in the field environment. I have a walther target .22 that i have duracoated the slide O.D. green. It is dedicated to my 4 wheeler. It stays in the large toolbox own the front of my Polaris. I have driven my four wheeler everywhere with that gun sliding around in that box. Pull it out it still looks great the Duracoat doesn't scratch and holds up very well...

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After spraying a bunch of duracote, and ceracoat, and using both types of coating in the field I say their is not much difference. Duracoat holds just as well as ceracoat if its layed down right. Prep work is the key. They are both tough, that being said I would rather spray Duracoat, and I would rather use Duracoat in the field environment. I have a walther target .22 that i have duracoated the slide O.D. green. It is dedicated to my 4 wheeler. It stays in the large toolbox own the front of my Polaris. I have driven my four wheeler everywhere with that gun sliding around in that box. Pull it out it still looks great the Duracoat doesn't scratch and holds up very well...
    I know cerakote won't hold up like that, mine are wearing on edges from normal use.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just had Jeremy from CWGS in Navarre in the shop here, he does duracoat, super nice guy. Anyone ever use them?

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom