• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Crickets. Found some in stock with a good savings but it's a 5000rd case. Don't want to gamble.

Reactions: FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you will point me in the right direction ,I’ll see about getting a few boxes to test. I use the 38 grain Aguilera subsonic hp. And have had good luck with accuracy and reliability. I tried the new Winchester 42 grain subsonic hp, and say it was bad would be a major understatement. It will not ever chamber in a rifle that has tight chamber , in fact the only rifle I own that will chamber it is a stock 35 year old ruger 10/22 .

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    If you will point me in the right direction ,I’ll see about getting a few boxes to test. I use the 38 grain Aguilera subsonic hp. And have had good luck with accuracy and reliability. I tried the new Winchester 42 grain subsonic hp, and say it was bad would be a major understatement. It will not ever chamber in a rifle that has tight chamber , in fact the only rifle I own that will chamber it is a stock 35 year old ruger 10/22 .

I've just about stopped buying any Winchester ammo other than 12 or 20ga. Never had any luck with their 22 stuff. Too many hang ups or weak rounds. You don't have to go out of your way. It's around 600 dollars in ammo for 420 so I'm going to bite and see what happens.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    That's strange, my 15-22 loves em. No can.

Reactions: FLT

6LPSD

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've used the Federal ammo for several years, and it's about all i shoot in Ruger MK3 pistols. With a suppressor it makes keeping the tree rat population easily checked. Clean too...JMHO

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    45gr
    Copper plated
    970fps
    Subsonic
    Any opinions on this ammo? Specifically in semi autos.
    Have not bought or tried it. Did read several reviews. Good reputation for cycling in semi autos. Quiet. Clean shooting, but not as clean as CCI Clean. Supposedly made by CCI for Federal. Does not expand. More accurate than bulk floor sweeping ammo. Copper plated bullets.

Less accurate than Wolf Match Target. In one test guy shot 50 rounds at 50 yd with a 10-22, getting about 2” group and with the Wolf the group was about 1”. He did not say that his 10-22 had been accurized. Bulk of the shots were in the 1” range, thus it had more fliers than the Wolf.

Wouldn’t mind a few bricks myself to try.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Have ya shot any ammo close to those specs?
    I have some of their other(maybe older) suppressor ammo. It's 38 or 40gr I believe. I may have thrown the boxes out, usually try to rip off a tab and toss in the ammo can so I can remember what it is lol

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Closest for me has been 42gr Gemtech subsonic. Very accurate IF your gun likes that lot. I have four different lots of it. If the gun likes that lot, it shoots as accurate as Wolf match target.
    The gemtech was made by CCI to their specs from what I recall. I have a few thousand left. I've had a couple stick and had to rack the slide to clear in my pof rebel, but it doesn't like any ammo. It is quiet in everything I've loaded.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Remington subsonic can be accurate, BUT its bullets are not coated very uniform and can oxidize. Oxidation causes the exposed bullet diameter to grow causing chambering problems. Some boxes are fine…some aren’t.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Fine on left. Oxidized on right. Right can only be used in a bolt gun where you have the force to fully chamber.

Stage, this is a thought…we could split a case of the Federal subsonic that way we could test without as much outlay.
    IMG_0259.jpeg

Top Bottom