• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    We have one on my Rhino 660 thats for loading... It works great... my dad just drives right to the deer and loads it up and drives it back to camp... less optimal for skinning than a dedicated shed but its doable...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    We have one on my Rhino 660 thats for loading... It works great... my dad just drives right to the deer and loads it up and drives it back to camp... less optimal for skinning than a dedicated shed but its doable...
    I like the fact the top is slotted for the gimbal, no chasing the deer around while skinning.

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I just got one of these myself as I haven't had a chance to build a dedicated skinning shed. I shot an old buck Monday evening that was pushing 200lbs and I tried to load it with this and it was quite the failure. Between my cart it was on being at an angle and the deer so big, the dang thing wouldn't swivel around for me to try and finagle it into the bed. I finally gave up and went and got the tractor. It did decent for cleaning it, but my first time attempting loading with it was a big failure.

AOCMCMC

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Been using them for a number of years. I prefer to hang from rear legs and let gravity do some of the work. I did over the years upgrade the winch handle to one a little beefier. Also, ran a ratchet strap from the top roll cage bar to the top of the hoist when transporting the bigger Illinois deer and hogs over a couple hundred pounds.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dad had one when he passed. I’ve got it now. He used it for loading a generator in the back of the truck.

Ultimately you are going to want a dedicated cleaning shed but based on everything you’ve got to do on your house and land it may be a few years off. This will bridge the gap.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I built one several years back, I had fallen and broke three ribs so I needed a way to load a deer on my tailgate. I used 2” steel tubing and made it where it would pivot so I could load the deer on tailgate. At the time I was hunting off of an F150 with a 6” lift. It worked very good. Still have it, saw it awhile back behind the barn laying in a pile of stuff. Last 7 or 8 years haven’t need it due to hunting off an suv and using a rack on the rear.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    After season Update, worked fine but needs to be taller. Just about over tourqed the winch on the big boy i got. Need to get a scale, forgot.
    Have to figure out how to add a section to raise it a bit.
    Worked better on the truck. The buggy has a floating hitch for towing. So it has some wag.

20240210_185721.jpg
    20240101_151634.jpg

Top Bottom