• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am begining to think I am the only one who carries commando style, just tucked in wasit over rear pocket. I have not found holster carry very comfortable, I will admit I really haven't given it a good chance, I just always just tuck and go. It works well for me with most all autos. I really don't carry all thye time , mostly just at work. Right now a glock 23, or a colt defender.

For me wearing a polo shirt tucked in at work that just isn't an option. I found my 238 in a crossbreed to be annoying for about a month. The holsters leather is now completely formed to my body and very comfortable. I wouldn't necessarily suggest a crossbreed , long wait and too expensive for a simple product, but one of the lower cost hybrid holsters would definitely be worth a try.

Another awesome thing is that you can simply use a heat gun to form it to a similarly sized pistol if you change carry pieces.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Which pocket is the watchpocket?

It's the small pocket that's sorta goes into the Right Front pants pocket. These watch pockets, (used back in the day when people carried pocket watches), are in Levi, Lee and Wrangler Blue Jean pants. Maybe there in other name/off brands jeans, IDK, I don't wear those.

fla_scout

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently obtained my CCW and my problem with an IWB is that I work indoors with a tucked in shirt all day. I was leaning toward an ankle carry which I think would be more comfortable for me. What's your suggestion?

Right now I am just carrying a small get off me pistol I can keep in my pocket. I have recently purchased a Browning CZ380 from a friend also.

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't like ankle carry. It places you in a vulnerable position to draw - unless you are seated.

When limited to attire as you describe, I rely upon my P938 in a pocket holster. No larger than most 380s - it offers full 9mm power. The DB9 is another less expensive option.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently obtained my CCW and my problem with an IWB is that I work indoors with a tucked in shirt all day. I was leaning toward an ankle carry which I think would be more comfortable for me. What's your suggestion?

Right now I am just carrying a small get off me pistol I can keep in my pocket. I have recently purchased a Browning CZ380 from a friend also.

I carry either a p238, 938, and 9 mm EMP IWB in a crossbreed mini tuck or comp tac Minotaur holsters daily and I have to tuck in my shirt and wear slacks daily. Comfortable and I don't have problems with printing.

I stopped pocket carrying, because I have to step out into our shop and do installs sometimes, and I ended up tearing holes in my right pocket when it rubbed and caught on things.

florabamaboy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am kind of a simple guy. I really like the belt slide holsters for carrying OWB and untucked. This is what I started with many years ago and have become very comfortable with the feel which in my opinion is an extremely important factor. It does require me to upsize some of my t-shirts to avoid imprint, but by far the most comfortable I have found.
    glock.jpg

Attachments

• glock.jpg
      glock.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 212

D_Shane

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm happy with the Smart Carry. Like a belly band, but like this more. It's got 2 different size pockets, one for pistol and one I guess is for a spare mag, but I use the smaller for a smaller pocket pistol instead of keeping it in my pocket. I carry in different positions around my waist and it makes it easy. I like that I can carry it slung low in front and without a shirt on it is not visible. Carry everything from a g21 to a small pf9 in the same one. outset1.jpg

Attachments

• outset1.jpg
      outset1.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 209

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    S&W 642 or KahrCW40, both with Clipdraws. LCP in back pocket sometimes. I love the Clipdraw, been carrying like that for years, it's safe and very secure.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone ever carry in a shoulder rig during the winter time? Seems like if you had a jacket or something on that would be a really comfortable way to carry.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have shoulder holsters for all my mid and full size carry pistols. Comfortable, especially in a car....the issue is going into a store or mall where it is warmer and NOT being able to remove the cover garment. I usually opt to be a little cold outside, and leave a jacket in the car, wearing a loose long sleeved shirt so I can roll up the sleeves if too warm inside.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a Bersa Thunder 380 Duo Tone in an IWB holster. Has rubberized grips. Great lil pistol. I love it. Fits in the hand great. Blow-back action gun, personally i really like it for what I use it for.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a Bersa Thunder 380 Duo Tone in an IWB holster. Has rubberized grips. Great lil pistol. I love it. Fits in the hand great. Blow-back action gun, personally i really like it for what I use it for.

I love those lil Bersas. I had a 380 CC and traded it away last year and regret it, was a sweet little shooter

glock

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry my glock gen 4 glock 30 sf in a nice poly concealment holster. glock 30.jpg

Attachments

• glock 30.jpg
      glock 30.jpg
      19.8 KB · Views: 183
    Top Bottom