• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DangDang

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I haven’t really seen any talk about it, so I was wondering if anyone on here has been building points for hunting in other states. I’m invested in Colorado, Iowa, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, & of course Florida.

The biggest thing I hear people complaining about is the $$$ for a non-resident. For me I don’t mind. Buying points for these species in these states costs a total of about $600. It is what it is and the only way it’s going to change is probably up by an increase in price. Mercia. But I do NOT gamble, buy lotto (unless it’s over a billion lol), go to Biloxi, smoke/do drugs, pretty much quit drinking alcohol except for a special occasion/wedding. Also I am NOT a member of a hunting club. I’ve found some really good spots over 35+ years of hunting on different Florida public lands and honestly haven’t seen many clubs close to around here that are even worth getting into.

So with all that being said, I’m fortunate enough to have a couple thousand I can spend each year on hunting out of state. This is just for public land hunting. No private property/guided hunts. That’s just not my cup of tea. I have a couple of wall tents & wood burning stoves that we set up and just get away. Unplug for a week or 2 and tell work we don’t have a signal… don’t even try.

The whole “theory” of this is that I will be able hunt in a state, or a really good limited entry (LE) unit inside a state, that takes a 5-10 year wait for a non-resident. Currently going into this year I’m at:

Colorado
    Elk - 4
    Mule Deer - 6
    Pronghorn- 6

Utah
    LE Elk - 6
    LE Deer - 6
    LE Pronghorn- 3
    Gen. Deer - 3

Wyoming
    Elk - 1
    Deer - 1
    Pronghorn- 1

Montana
    (new addition this year)

Iowa
    Whitetail - 0 (burned 5 or 6 points this season)

Florida
    Muzzleloader - 5

Anyone else on here building points?

Top Bottom