• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For the last eight or so years I've had the pleasure of enjoying 3400 acres of land here in central Florida all by myself that was chalked full of hogs and coyote.

For the first five years I told the owner that there should be no deer taken on a certain part of the land and I stuck to that. The result was the last three years I've taken some nice bucks, pics I've shared here.

Over the years I've arrested multiple trespassers and treated the place as if it were my own. With my son and I, and a very few select friends, I have generated memories that will last me until my death bed... for that I am grateful.

I've taken black coyote, mix-colored coyote, very large hogs, very large seer for central Florida, and witnessed at least two complete albino deer, all which was shared here with pics at one time or another. The place truly was a dream opportunity come true and there's no way I'll ever be able to repay those responsible for allowing me access to the property.

Well... the place recently sold after a very long family disagreement and court intervention. As a result, I no longer have complete access. The silver lining is there is about 350 acres that not effected which I can still hunt. Thankfully it just so happens to be in a prime spot within that 3400 acres, so for the near future, my hunting will still be pretty good... I just can't roam around like I use to.

Enjoy what you can, when you can. Things in this state are changing. I keep telling my son this... I think in his younger years he didn't understand... I know now as a grown man he gets it.

I dread the day my own property and lease gets compromised... until then, I'm going to keep enjoying every sunrise and every sunset that I can... I suggest you too do the same.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Yep, we had 1200 acres just south of Brewton leased for 32 years. The price kept going up and we lost interest in hunting as we got older so we let it go.
    I’m not much into hunting anymore but I do miss having a place to walk around with a .22 and shoot stumps or whatever and also exploring on the 4 wheeler.
    Looking back, I wish we had bought some land back then instead of giving all that money to a timber company.

Top Bottom