• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reefcreature

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has been around 35 years and was thinking trying to do some dove hunting. is there any place thay is not too terribly far from pensacola that open to dove hunting?
    Back then i had severel places to go but they are either closed or are neiborhoods.
    And trying to find anything out on the FWC websight takes damn near takes a lawyers interpretation.
    Any help would be great.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hunted with the High Cotton Dove club a few years. They usually had good shoots and access to quite a few fields. May check out their web site. Other than that its pretty scarce.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    850-839-HUNT is the last number I had for them. Bobby Kay was the president at the time. Keep in mind this info is about 2 years old.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It may be a thought to start our own club if there's enough interest. Liability insurance is a bit spend for hunting activities though and most landowners require proof of insurance.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'm all in for a club. Haven't had a chance to hunt anything but paper and clay in probably 10 years, it's long overdue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our deer lease Ins is .10 an acre, I don't know if that it typical

That's about average for a lease. A dove hunt deal would be a bit different because you are dealing with multiple landowners. Will have to be an llc with 1 million in GL with blanket AI for everyone to be covered. I looked into it about 5 years ago as a interesting project.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    High cotton is still around and still high, it was at least 100.00 per I am thinking they had a membership for about 400.00 ? It is hard to get ahold of them , have to leave a message and he will call back.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had my best hunts right off W st behind the Fed Ex building back in 80's-90's, I guess all the city birds would roost there, It looked like a hitchcock move at dusk and dawn. Hardly anyone knew of it and usally had it all to ourselfs. Also was a field off 297A that charged 20.00 for a shoot and was pretty good also but usally crowded. If you know anyone in peanutville (around chumukla and jay) it is great hunting , but all farm land and prob hard to get permission outside of good friends or kin. But maybe alittle talk and a wad of cash might let a group of hunters have a go??

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I used to shoot doves behind the Moose Lodge off Davis Hwy. It was 30 years ago but I believe it was on a softball field.
    Back in the 90s I put together a dove club in Allentown. I gave a farmer $1,000 for the use of his 120 acres of corn fields. Put together 20 friends at $50 each and we had some pretty good shoots.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    'Nuff teasing, let's do some shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Have any of y'all tryed the dove fields on Elgin they use to have two now there is 4 very large ones last time we went we did the north end field and got 16 in one day

Latest posts

Top Bottom