• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had a great morning shooting with ilintner, JGH, and Garpo this past Saturday. The range was nice and the company was even better. We were the only people at the range, except for 2 other people that were only there for about 20 minutes testing some loads. Look forward to shooting with those guys again.

I brought my camera and tripod, but I never took the time to take any pictures. Next time I'll do better.

I did finally get a chance to test out the chronograph I bought from shootnstarz a while back. It works beautifully!

I'm going to make a habit of going to the range, probably every other week or so.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I visited the FOP website and am interested in joining the lodge. Do you have to be an AL resident to join? I live in Milton, but have family in Mobile and visit often, so it would be good for me.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had a great morning shooting with ilintner, JGH, and Garpo this past Saturday. The range was nice and the company was even better. We were the only people at the range, except for 2 other people that were only there for about 20 minutes testing some loads. Look forward to shooting with those guys again.

I also enjoyed meeting you and Ian and look forward to shooting with and meeting other interested members of the forum.
    For those considering joining the FOP range, improvements to the range are planned to take place in August. So, I suspect it will be closed for several weeks during that month.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I visited the FOP website and am interested in joining the lodge. Do you have to be an AL resident to join? I live in Milton, but have family in Mobile and visit often, so it would be good for me.

Check with one of the board members to make sure.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Check with one of the board members to make sure.

The application requires a copy of an Alabama Pistol Permit, but they might accept a FL CCW License. I agree with Garpo, your best bet would be to call one of the board members, probably Al Jordan. His number is on the main page of the FOP Lodge 43 website here: http://foplodge43.org/

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I read the application after I posted.......

I just sent Mr Jordan an email. Hopefully a FL CCW lic will work.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I remember correctly, they told me that my FL CCW would suffice when I checked.

I could definitely go for some more regular shooting too, just let me know when and I will be there!

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anytime you guys want to get together again, let me know.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Will do. I'll probably stop by there again sometime soon, possibly next Monday or Friday. I need to replenish some of my ammo stock this weekend.

Anyone want to meet up this weekend or Monday afternoon? I would like to shoot for an hour or two and bring my wife. I don't have any idea what her schedule looks like, but I wanted to go ahead and gauge interest.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone want to meet up this weekend or Monday afternoon? I would like to shoot for an hour or two and bring my wife. I don't have any idea what her schedule looks like, but I wanted to go ahead and gauge interest.

I'm up for some pistol shooting at some point this weekend, I also planned on going over to styx at some point to sight in a couple of rifles.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm up for some pistol shooting at some point this weekend, I also planned on going over to styx at some point to sight in a couple of rifles.

My wife wants to go, so it looks like you'll have to be someone else's guest. I think they only allow one guest per member.

Can't make it Monday. Saturday or Sunday would be OK. My wife might want to go also.

She was good with either morning, but I would rather go on Saturday than Sunday. Looks like it ought to be a little cooler this time than it was last weekend.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My wife is also a member. ilintner, you can be my guest. Around 8 or 9 Saturday morning?

Sounds great to me. Gonna have to get my wife up and going, but that shouldn't be too big of a chore. I told her about the women's handgun class. I need to email Al Jordan and find out when the next one is schedule.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds great to me. Gonna have to get my wife up and going, but that shouldn't be too big of a chore. I told her about the women's handgun class. I need to email Al Jordan and find out when the next one is schedule.

We can make it later in the day if that would be better.

Top Bottom