• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I would go, or would have gone, but my range ammo has been depleted, especially 45acp. I need to spend some time at the reloading bench.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have several hundred rounds of 45ACP loaded, it's my birthday tomorrow and I have a new toy to try out. Anyone care to join me tomorrow at the FOP range for a little play time?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Happy early birthday! Unfortunately I'll be packing tonight to head up into the woods tomorrow. I hope to stick a couple deer this weekend.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have several hundred rounds of 45ACP loaded, it's my birthday tomorrow and I have a new toy to try out. Anyone care to join me tomorrow at the FOP range for a little play time?

I went this morning. I didn't see your truck and it was starting to rain so I turned around and came home.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was busy early this morning and planed on going out about 9:30 but that's when the rain started. :rain: I may try around noon.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you do get to the range, could you bring the holster for your PT111 because I think my new toy will fit in it. Pretty much the same size frame except the exit hole on the business end is a little bigger.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you do get to the range, could you bring the holster for your PT111 because I think my new toy will fit in it. Pretty much the same size frame except the exit hole on the business end is a little bigger.

Will do. It looks like the rain has let up. I'll be heading over in a few minutes.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just walked outside. I was wrong about the rain. It's still raining. I'll give it another half hour and then give up for today.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Old thread but does anyone know what's going on out at the range. Was a ton of dirt on both sides of the range as well as a large amount of dirt by the front gate ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409074455.255012.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409074455.255012.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409074455.255012.jpg
      142.8 KB · Views: 212

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Old thread but does anyone know what's going on out at the range. Was a ton of dirt on both sides of the range as well as a large amount of dirt by the front gate View attachment 23024

Actually yes. I happened to be there the afternoon after all the dirt was delivered and Chris John came by. They are going to be making side berms as well as a berm/noise barrier out front by the road. They are also planning on making everyone shoot from the 25yd line and having movable target stands to place at whatever distance you'd like to shoot.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There are quite a few members of the range on this forum, so I'm sure someone will chime in about the dirt piles.
    At a glance, it looks to be they may be adding protective side berms to the range.

Edit: Brant confirmed my guess.

Last edited:

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad they're doing everyone from the 25. There's been a couple times where people weren't practicing safety.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Glad they're doing everyone from the 25. There's been a couple times where people weren't practicing safety.

Yeah. It'll make it better when there are lots of people there each trying to do their own thing.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The plan was to get dirt from across the street when the city starts the new socker field. I think the socker field has been delayed so I don't know where the dirt came from. I think the plan is to extend the side berms out to the 25 yard line.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thinking about joining here pretty soon, I rarely get to go out and shoot anymore but I think having this place close by I would get out more often.
    Does this range allow you to do quick follow up shots? Not necessarily crazy rapid fire but more then one shot every couple seconds like the Sticks River range doesn't let you do? And is there specific times during the day that get crazy busy? Need to drive over there and check it out.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thinking about joining here pretty soon, I rarely get to go out and shoot anymore but I think having this place close by I would get out more often.
    Does this range allow you to do quick follow up shots? Not necessarily crazy rapid fire but more then one shot every couple seconds like the Sticks River range doesn't let you do? And is there specific times during the day that get crazy busy? Need to drive over there and check it out.

You can shoot as quick as you like, as long as you're being safe. It's typically not very busy, but weekend mornings when the weather is nice can get a little crowded. I've never seen all 12 or 13 lanes being used at the same time, though.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My favorite time in the summer, is about one and a half hours before sundown. Hardly anyone there at that time and usually a cooler part of the day.

Members online

Top Bottom