• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sako rifles in my opinion from hunter, to military sniper build the best rifles in my opinion. I have three Sakos. I bought my first one last October 2011 in the a7 techomante ranch version in 300wsm. Mounted a new 56mm meopta on it and off to the range I went. My first three shots I could cover with a nickel at 100 yards in the bullseye. I have shot the tops off of coke bottles with this gun at 100 yards consistently. The biggest complaint about the a7 is the recoil of that 300wsm. You can only shoot it about 6-8 times before it bruises you to the point you cannot hold POI. So to solve this problem I ordered a Sako 85 finnlight in 30-06sprg As my 2012 deer rifle, I also put a trijicon 56mm scope on this one. It is much nicer on the shoulder and has the same accuracy as the 300. My 2012 deer rifle plan didn't work out like I planned, I had shoulder surgery since I could no longer shoot either of these rifles I was forced to order another Sako 85 finnlight this time I elected to get the .308 it also is wearing a trijicon scope. Neither of my Sakos are for sale, I have fell in love with them all out of the box the Sakos have the smoothest actions the stocks are the most comfortable and whatever magic they do to them barrels is un real. I will say that the 300wsm is the most accurate for my shooting style, but everyone of these guns were built to outshoot the shooter whomever that may be. I have had rifles of all brands, still have many different hunting platform rifles. But now days if I'm gonna buy a rifle it's gonna be a Sako. And it's gonna have a trijicon accupoint sitting on top of it also. The best setup period.....

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool I have been looking at them but is hard for me to shy away from Savage.EVERYONE who owns a Sako loves it from every aspect,Tika too. I doubt I will be hunting much this year if at all.I was contemplating another bolt gun but may settle for another 6.8 build.Even though I am partial to the platform,that round does its job well and when coupled with semi auto capabilility and the lightweight and easily customizable features of an AR anything else is almost out of the equation at these distances.Just too versitile..

HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Sako 85 Finnlight in 300 WSM. It kicks like a mule, but is a tack driver. Shoots .51(measured with calipers as I'm psycho anal) at 100 repeatable. Has shot sub 1 inch at 200 when I do my part or in a lead sled. Have a Swarovski Z6i 2.5x15x56 on top of it with ballistic turret. Absolutley love the setup.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a Sako 85 Finnlight in 300 WSM. It kicks like a mule, but is a tack driver. Shoots .51(measured with calipers as I'm psycho anal) at 100 repeatable. Has shot sub 1 inch at 200 when I do my part or in a lead sled. Have a Swarovski Z6i 2.5x15x56 on top of it with ballistic turret. Absolutley love the setup.

My .300wsm thumps hard as well but it will pick your teeth at 100yrds....

Savage

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I love my Sako A7 in .270. Smooth, accurate, and looks good. Spotting a MeoPro 2-10x56. I wish I would have bought 2 back before the A7 prices went up.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a tikka t3 hunter in .270wsm with a meopta 3x12x50. Best gun i have ever owned.shoots sub moa and longest kill so far has been a coyote at 276 "steps"

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not only is my Tikka a tack driver but whenever I cycle the bolt I have to check and make sure it picked up the next round out of the mag. Its almost TOO smooth.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a full fledged Sako addict. It is one of the few types of guns I collect. The first one I bought was a Pre-Garcia Finnbear Euro deluxe in 30-06. The gun even has the original red recoil pad. After that its been all down hill from there. Vixens are my main focus but Ive got about 15 of various models, with only two of them being stamped with the Garcia import mark.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have been researching, looking for the "retirement rifle" and based on what I could hunt where we hope to settle once we retire. I have decided I want a Tikka T3 Lite stainless in 300 Win Mag. Committed to the caliber as I always wanted a rifle in the caliber, and I recently acquired some ammo and brass in the caliber. Reloading gives me a wide range of hunting species that I can tweak the load for. Handled the Tikka this past weekend, and a few others. The Tikka was hands down winner in feel, handling and bolt smoothness. Lighter too, so much so I see a new pad and muzzle device in the future for the one I buy.

Top Bottom