• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to have a couple NFA items engraved. Is there someone in the area that does it well? Proper depth, paying attention to spelling, etc?

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spelling?! That is a question I never thought to ask! But a great one when I think of some of the tattoos seen over the years. I want to get a lower receiver engraved with a logo if Possible.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have also used award masters, they are gun friendly and very reasonable, I was happy with the work.

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've used Award Masters on Brent and 29 for a AR lower in the past. It got the job done.

I have also used award masters, they are gun friendly and very reasonable, I was happy with the work.
    The only thing I have seen with some jewely & trophy-type engravers is that they sometimes don't have the knowledge or equipment to do the engraving to ATF-prescribed depth. Does Award Masters do it correctly?

These guys have good ratings on ARFCOM.

http://www.orion-arms.com
    I absolutely will never recommend Orion Arms. A few years ago I sent him 3 receivers to engrave. He did 2 correctly, and misspelled my info on the third! Same trust info, yet he couldn't do it the same three times in a row! When I contacted him, he wanted to charge me again to fix it. Very unprofessional behavior.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only thing I have seen with some jewely & trophy-type engravers is that they sometimes don't have the knowledge or equipment to do the engraving to ATF-prescribed depth. Does Award Masters do it correctly?

I absolutely will never recommend Orion Arms. A few years ago I sent him 3 receivers to engrave. He did 2 correctly, and misspelled my info on the third! Same trust info, yet he couldn't do it the same three times in a row! When I contacted him, he wanted to charge me again to fix it. Very unprofessional behavior.

At Award Masters, I have accompanied my items to the back and been there with the engraver throughout the process.

They have engraved 4 Items for me and all came out like I wanted. They are very accommodating, and honestly for the time that they put into engraving my stuff, they should have charged a lot more than their standard "per letter" rates. (ended up being about 15 dollars for my SBS and it took them about 45 minutes).

Before they mark the items, they do a test with a piece of tape to make sure it is how you want it prior to marking the item.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Malones jewelers did a great job on a .45 colt for me a few years back. Some pretty intricate detail work also.

Top Bottom